Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh Takes Charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff
On 1st June 2021, Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh has assumed the post of the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff. Ravneet took sworn to serve as next the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff. Ravneet is a recipient of the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), and Nausena Medal (NM).
- Ravneet Singh has replaced Vice Admiral M S Pawar who superannuated on May 31, 2021.
- Vice Admiral M S Pawar is also a Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM), AVSM, Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) holder.
About Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh
- Ravneet is an officer in the Indian Navy and has served as the Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff.
- He has specialized in aviation, also has held numerous challenging command, staff, and diplomatic assignments during his distinguished naval career.
- Singh has a wide-ranging experience onboard diverse platforms.
- Ravneet has flown Kiran HJT 16, HT-2, TS 11 Iskra, Hunter, Harrier Gr 3, Jet Provost, Chetak, Gazelle, Hawk, and Mig 29 KUB aircraft.
- Nausena Medal (Gallantry) – 2004.
- Ati Vishisht Seva Medal – 2017.
Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM):
- Ati Vishisht Seva Medal is a military award of India which is honored for “distinguished service of an exceptional order” to all ranks of the armed forces. the award was established on January 26, 1960, and Presented by the President of India.
Q.1 Who is the Current Chief of Naval Staff?
Admiral Karambir Singh is serving as The current Chief of the Naval Staff. he assumed the post when Admiral Sunil Lanba retired on May 31, 2019.
Q.2 Who is a Deputy Chief of Naval Staff?
In the Indian Navy, The Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS) is considered a senior appointment or post. it is known as Principal Staff Officer at Naval (its Headquarters in New Delhi).
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.