Today Top Current Affairs 5 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 5 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 5th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 05 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
SalaamDilSay initiative Launched by HDFC Bank
The private bank HDFC Bank has launched a new initiative named SalaamDilSey in order to exhibit gratitude to medical doctors for their tireless carrier all through the pandemic. The aim of the SalaamDilSey initiative is to pay tribute to doctors across the country.
About SalaamDilSey initiative:
- It will role in encouraging one and all to take a second to well-known and celebrate the contribution of doctors.
- It will offer a platform to exhibit their gratitude to doctors, who are playing a crucial role in the COVID-19 Disease bravely, at the risk of their own lives.
- Along with it, the HDFC has also launched an internet platform www.salaamdilsey.com. people can share the thank you message for doctors which can be shared using e-mail, social media, and WhatsApp.
About HDFC Bank –
CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
Founded: August 1994
Salute Doctors Banking Solutions Launched by ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank has launched the most comprehensive banking solutions of India for doctors named ‘Salute Doctors’. it has been designed to meet the financial needs of medical professionals such as you and your entire universe, consisting of your family, professional, business, lifestyle, and wealth banking requirements.
About Salute Doctors Banking Solutions:
- ‘Salute Doctors’ initiative is powered through ICICI STACK.
- Relationship Banking: It will offer a flexibility to maintain a balance across Current Account, Savings Account or Fixed Deposits*
- Premium Banking Solutions: it will role a dedicated Relationship Manager to cater to your Business and Personal Banking requirements
- Relationship Pricing with easy access to loans*
- Special Prices on a wide range of products, including Demat, Trading, Global Markets, Real Estate solutions, Remittances and Lockers
- Best-in-Class lifestyle offers for everyone in the family.
About ICICI Bank –
CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
Crop Insurance Week – Insurance Awareness
The Agriculture Minister has launched a Crop Insurance Awareness Campaign for the Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY). along with it, the PMBFY FAQ booklet, guidebook, and e-brochure have been published to assist farmers and on-the-ground coordinators to understand the scheme, its benefits, and the crop insurance process.
YSR Bima Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the YSR Bima scheme with new guidelines. the officials will directly pay the insurance amount to the household of the deceased. this move makes the insurance claims easier.
- The main purpose of this scheme is to offer relief to the families of unorganized workers in case of death or disability of the unorganized worker leaving the families in great distress.
- Under the YSR Bima scheme, 1.32 lakh households will take advantage and Rs 750 crores amount has been allotted for the year 2021-22. in the last two years, the State govt spent Rs 1307 crore for YSR Bima.
YSR Bima Scheme benefits:
- Rs. 5 lakh for Accident Death and Total Disability
- Up to Rs.3,62,500/- for Partial Disability
- Rs.30,000/- for Natural Death under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY).
YSR Bima Scheme eligibility:
- Age group of 18 to 70 years
International Plastic Bag Free Day 2021: July 3
The International Plastic Bag Free Day is observed on 3rd July every year across the globe to raise awareness regarding the issues of plastic pollution and also, it highlights the effects of plastic pollution on the natural environment ranging from land to marine.
The main aim of this day is to promote the use of paper bags and cloth bags and make efforts to evict the use of single-use plastic.
- The International Plastic Bag Free Day was initiated by Zero Waste Europe, a Brussels-based non-governmental organization (NGO).
- It is a global initiative of Zero Waste Europe in order to remove the usage of single-use plastic bags in the world.