Today Top Current Affairs 3 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 3 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 3rd July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams.
Govt Launches Special Drive to Bring More Farmers Under PM Crop Cover Scheme
The government has launched a special drive in order to enroll more cultivators / Farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY). The week-long drive will start from 1st July and will include all notified areas under the Kharif season 2021 with a special focus on 75 aspirational districts where crop insurance penetration is low.
- Along with it, a PMFBY e-brochure, FAO booklet, and a guidebook have been released in order to assist farmers and on-ground coordinators to understand the scheme, its benefits, and the process of crop insurance.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said 29.16 crore farmers have insured their crops under the PMFBY so far.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY):
- The scheme was launched on January 13, 2016.
- The main purpose of this scheme is to provide a comprehensive risk solution to farmers at the lowest uniform premium in India.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat resigns
On 2nd July 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat has submitted his resignation to Governor Baby Rani Maurya. before 4 months, he assumed the CM post and paved the way for the appointment of a 3rd Chief Minister for the State this year.
- Tirath Singh was camping in New Delhi since Wednesday and he is a Lok Sabha MP from Uttarakhand State and took place of Trivendra Singh Rawat on March 10, 2021, as Chief Minister. BJP will select a new leader with Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
J&K Chief Secretary inaugurates SUKOON a mental health helpline initiative
As part of efforts to improve the mental well being of the people of Jammu and Kashmir (J & K) during COVID-19 disease, the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) has introduced a mental health helpline initiative named ‘Sukoon’, the union territory’s first 24×7 counseling helpline number will offer mental health counseling.
- The main purpose of this is to offer guidance to people dealing with anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), substance abuse, panic attacks, and several other mental issues.
- Citizens can dial the toll-free number 1800-1807159 to get 24×7 services through the Sukoon initiative.
West Bengal govt begins Students Credit Card to provide soft loan up to Rs 10 lakh for higher studies
The state govt of West Bengal has begun an education loan scheme named ‘Students Credit Card’ for students for their higher studies. the scheme has been launched by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata.
- Under the scheme, The students will get a soft loan up to Rs. 10 lakh with simple annual interest, and students will be provided loan amounts for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and postdoctoral studies within the country or abroad.
- The scheme will also include a repayment period of 15 years.
US appoints Indian-American Atul Keshap as interim envoy to India
The US has chosen Indian-American career diplomat Atul Keshap as the country’s Charge’ Affairs in Delhi. Keshap will take place of Daniel Smith. Atul Keshap is an old India-hand at the state department.
- His appointment will strengthen the close US partnership with the Government and people of India. Also, will help in collaboration to overcome global challenges like the COVID-19 pandemic.
2022 Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships in India canceled due to Covid-19
The Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships 2022 has been canceled due to the surging of Covid-19 in India. the Championships was be conducted in Chandigarh before the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
What CGF President Dame Louise Martin DBE said:
“We are disappointed that the 2022 Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships will no longer take place however, this is the right decision to take in the current climate,”
Former BJP MP Sharad Tripathi passes away at 49
Former BJP MP from Sant Kabir Nagar Sharad Tripathi has passed away at the age of 49. he was suffering from a prolonged illness and was taking treatment at Medanta hospital in Haryana’s Gurgaon.
- He was chosen as a member of parliament from the Sant Kabir Nagar Lok Sabha seat in 2014.
- Tripathi is survived by his wife, two daughters, and two sons, his close relative and RSS worker Sanjay Mishra said.
Odia poet Rajendra Kishore Panda gets Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar
Odia poet Dr. Rajendra Kishore Panda has been chosen for the Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar, the national award instituted in memory of the late poet laureate, for 2020.
- Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar includes a cash award of Rs 5 lakh, a silver medal, and a citation.
Who is Odia poet Dr Rajendra Kishore Panda
- Panda was Born on June 24, 1944.
- he has released 16 poetry collections and a novel.
- Dr. Panda is a primary Indian poet who provided suggestions for the course of contemporary Odia poetry to brilliant heights.
- In 2010, he was honored with the Gangadhar National Award and in 1985, he received the Sahitya Akademi Award.