Today Top Current Affairs 4 October 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
India Celebrated 8 Years of Swachh Bharat Mission & First Anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 In 2022
India celebrated 8 years of the Swachh Bharat Mission and the first anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 and President Droupadi Murmu felicitated the awardees of the cleanest States and cities at the award ceremony of Azadi@75 Swachh Survekshan 2022. Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) conducted an award ceremony as part of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- The award ceremony aims to recognize the good work done for Swachhata by towns/ cities, States and Union Territories under Swachh Survekshan 2022 and certifications for Garbage Free Star rating for cities – saw more than 160 awards under various categories.
- n an impressive display of sustainability and good governance, Indore was named with the Cleanest City title for the sixth consecutive year, in the ‘more than 1 lakh population category.
- Surat was ranked the second cleanest city, for the second time in a row.
- In the population category of ‘less than 1 lakh, Panchgani and Karad (Maharashtra) received the first and third positions respectively.
Anurag Singh Thakur Launches Swachh Bharat 2022 Campaign; Jitendra Singh Launches Special Swacchta Campaign 2.0
Dr Jitendra Singh launched the exclusive “Swachhata” Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0, which has been scheduled to begin on October 2. Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) Developed the “Swachhata” Portal [www.pgportal.govlin/scdpm22] for Special Campaign 2.0. It is dedicated to Swachhata and reducing the pendency of work in Government offices.
- Special Campaign 2.0 will pay attention to field/outstation offices in addition to the Ministries/ Departments and their attached/subordinate offices.
USOF Launches Telecom Technology Development Fund Scheme
Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) officially launched Telecom Technology Development Fund (TTDF) Scheme on October 01st, 2022 to be aligned with Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi’s clarion call of adding Jan Anusandhaan in the new phase of Amrit Kaal.
- Telecom Technology Development Fund (TTDF) aims to fund R&D in rural-specific communication technology applications and form synergies among academia, start-ups, research institutes, and the industry to build and develop the telecom ecosystem.
- It will also promote technology ownership and indigenous manufacturing, create a culture of technology co-innovation, reduce imports, boost export opportunities and creation of Intellectual Property.
India & New Zealand Navies sign pact on White Shipping Information Exchange
Indian Navy signed with the Royal New Zealand Navy an agreement on White Shipping Information Exchange to promote greater transparency in the Maritime Domain. The white shipping information refers to the exchange of prior information on the movement and identity of commercial non-military merchant vessels.
- Navy chief Admiral R Hari Kumar and Rear Admiral David Proctor, Chief of Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) signed the agreement.
- The agreement aims to enhance shared Maritime Domain Awareness in keeping with convergent views of both countries with regard to promoting greater transparency in the maritime domain.
General Atomics CEO Vivek Lall gets Lifetime Achievement Award in US
Indian-origin General Atomics CEO Vivek Lall has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by US President Joe Biden with the citation of ‘With Grateful Recognition’.
- Lall has done PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Wichita State University in Kansas and received a citation by the AmeriCorps and the Office of the President.
- An industry leader and scientific community titan Dr Lall serves as Chief Executive at General Atomics.
- Lall also worked at other leading organisations like NASA, Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed Martin.
- He is serving as a US Technical Team Member to the Noth Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) Science and Technology (STO) with the Pentagon.
Sharat Sabharwal authors book titled ‘India’s Pakistan Conundrum — Managing a Complex Relationship’
Sharat Sabharwal has penned his new book titled ‘India’s Pakistan Conundrum — Managing a Complex Relationship’. The Book highlights the relationship between India and Pakistan has been mired in conflicts, war, and lack of trust. it also examines the nature of the Pakistani state, its internal dynamics, and its impact on India.
‘The Last Heroes’ book by P Sainath
P Sainath will release a new book on India’s freedom struggle titled “The Last Heroes” which has been scheduled for release on November 21, celebrates little-known fighters — farmers, labourers, homemakers, forest produce gatherers, artisans and others — from India’s freedom struggle as it tracks the role of ordinary, everyday people in achieving Independence.
- P Sainath also authored his immensely successful “Everybody loves a Good Drought”, a researched study of poverty in the rural districts of India.
- Penguin Random House India (PRHI) will publish his book.
- The book, titled “The Last Heroes” highlights the distinction between freedom and independence that these fighters speak of.
Chhattisgarh Govt Launches MGRIP to Develop Cow Shelters as Rural Industrial Parks
Chhattisgarh chief minister Bhupesh Baghel launched a new scheme named Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Parks (MGRIP) to develop ‘gauthans’ (cow shelters) as rural industrial parks for livelihood generation. Around 300 gauthan cum industrial parks will be established under the scheme named Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Parks (MGRIP).
- The state government formed gauthans in over 8,000 villages under its flagship scheme Suraji Gaon Yojna (village good governance scheme).
- Cow dung procurement is at ₹2 per kilogram under Godhan Nyay Yojna and the dung is used to prepare vermicompost.
Red Bull Sergio Perez wins 2022 Singapore F1 Grand Prix Race
Red Bull’s Sergio Perez wins the 2022 Singapore Grand Prix in Formula 1. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz finished second and third respectively to complete the podium. Red Bull’s championship leader Max Verstappen finished seventh.
- It was the Mexican’s first victory in Singapore, making him the fifth F1 winner here after Nico Rosberg (2016), Fernando Alonso (2008, 2010), Lewis Hamilton (2009, 2014, 2017, 2018) and Sebastian Vettel (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2019).
Suzlon Energy CMD Tulsi Tanti passes away
Tulsi R Tanti, the founder, chairman and managing director and one of the key promoters of Suzlon Group and Suzlon Energy Limited, passed away due to cardiac arrest on October 1. He also served as the chairman of the Renewable Energy Council of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to provide direction to India’s green energy strategies.
- Tanti announced the opening of the company’s rights issue worth INR 1200 crore on October 11.
- He pointed out the importance of reducing India’s energy import dependence.
- Suzlon energy is now the country’s one of the largest wind energy players that have 19.4 gigawatts of cumulative installed wind energy capacity with a 33 per cent market share in India and a presence in 17 countries under Tanti’s leadership.
National Voluntary Blood Donation Day 2022
Every year, National Voluntary Blood Donation Day is observed on October 1st in India to share the need and importance of blood in the life of an individual. It was first celebrated on the 1st of October in the year 1975 through the Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohaematology.
- National Voluntary Blood Donation Day aims to raise awareness among people all over the country about the importance of voluntary blood donation.
- It also promotes and emphasizes the self-esteem of blood donors through a lot of thanks.
- Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohaematology were first established on 22nd October in the year 1971 under the leadership of Mrs K. Swaroop Krishen and Dr J.G. Jolly.
Military Nursing Service Raising Day on 1st October
The Nursing Officers of the Military Nursing Service at Jaipur Military station celebrated 97th Raising day on 01 October 2022. On 1 Oct 1926, the Armed forces were transformed into the permanent Nursing Service from back to 28 Mar 1888 with a handful of British Nurses.
- Brig Amita Devrani, Brig MNS, HQ Southern Command and all Nursing Officers of Pune Garrison attended the event.
International Day of Non-violence 2022
Every year, The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on October 2nd across the world to mark the birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. it is also known as Gandhi Jayanti in India. The day aims to spread awareness about the idea of non-violence either through education or any other methods.
- In 2022, India is celebrating the 153rd birth anniversary of the global peace icon who was born on 2 October 1869, in Porbandar in Gujarat.
- United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) passed the resolution to commemorate the International Day of Non-Violence on 15 June 2007 to ensure a culture of peace, tolerance, and understanding among people.
- The International Day of Non-Violence was first observed in the year 2007.
Swachh Bharat Diwas 2022
Every year, the Department of Drinking water and sanitation (DDWS), the Ministry of Jal Shakti celebrate Swachh Bharat Diwas (SBD) on 2nd October to commemorate the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The Swachh Bharat Diwas is inspired by one of the quotes of the father of the nation, “Cleanliness is next to godliness”.
- Department organized a day-long event for Swachh Bharat Diwas.
- The DDWA implemented two flagship central government programs such as the Swacch Bharat Mission and the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- The department also launched two campaigns, one was Retrofit to Twin Pit Abhiyan and the other one is Swacch Jal Se Suraksha.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** END ********