India Celebrated 8 Years of Swachh Bharat Mission & First Anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 In 2022 – India celebrated 8 years of the Swachh Bharat Mission and the first anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 and President Droupadi Murmu felicitated the awardees of the cleanest States and cities at the award ceremony of Azadi@75 Swachh Survekshan 2022. Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) conducted an award ceremony as part of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- The award ceremony aims to recognize the good work done for Swachhata by towns/ cities, States and Union Territories under Swachh Survekshan 2022 and certifications for Garbage Free Star rating for cities – saw more than 160 awards under various categories.
Swachh Bharat Mission
- In an impressive display of sustainability and good governance, Indore was named with the Cleanest City title for the sixth consecutive year, in the ‘more than 1 lakh population category.
- Surat was ranked the second cleanest city, for the second time in a row.
- In the population category of ‘less than 1 lakh, Panchgani and Karad (Maharashtra) received the first and third positions respectively.
- Indore further cemented its position by emerging as India’s first 7-star Garbage Free city, while Surat, Bhopal, Mysuru, Navi Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, and Tirupati achieved 5-star Garbage Free certifications.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
******** End ********