Daily Current Affairs 4th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Hornbill Festival celebrated in Naga Heritage village Kisama
Hornbill Festival has been celebrated with colourful renditions of traditional music, dances, and contemporary in one roof at Naga Heritage village Kisama. Hornbill Festival is the biggest cultural extravaganza of Nagaland.
- the Festival is the 22nd edition of the Hornbill festival and is to be celebrated in 6 districts of Nagaland.
- In the last year 2019, over 282,800 people including over 3,000 foreign tourists visited the festival during the 20th edition.
- Hornbill Festival has been started off on December 1 and in the last year, this was not celebrated due to Covid-19 pandemic.
About Nagaland –
- Nagaland Founded: 30 November 1963
- Capital of Nagaland: Kohima (Executive Branch)
- Chief minister of Nagaland: Neiphiu Rio
- Official bird of Nagaland: Blyth’s tragopan
Bihar clinched Gold Medal Award at 40th edition India International Trade Fair
Bihar has won the gold medal in the 40th India International Trade Fair (IITF) for “excellence in display” in the state government/union territory pavilion category. IITF was held at Pragati Maidan in Delhi and was conducted by the India Trade Promotion Organisation.
- The aim of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2021 is to promote the idea of ‘Vocal for Local’.
- The Bihar pavilion received the 6th gold medal for state’s art and cultural richness. Bihar showcased handicrafts such as Madhubani, Manjusha arts, terracotta, handlooms, and other indigenous products.
Sambit Patra appointed as Chairman of ITDC
BJP national spokesperson Sambit Patra has been appointed as the Chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC).
- His appointment has been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). the Tourism Ministry gave a proposal to appoint Sambit Patra as Chairman of ITDC.
- Dr Sambit Patra will serve as a Part-Time Non Executive Director & Chairman of ITDC for a period of three years till the date of assumption of charge, or until further orders.
- the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has also approved the appointment of IAS officer, G. Kamala Vardhana Rao as managing director (MD) of ITDC.
Anju Bobby George wins World Athletics’ Woman of Year Award
Indian athlete Anju Bobby George has won the Woman of the Year Award by World Athletics for grooming talent and encouraging young girls in India to take up sports and fight for gender equality.
- Anju won the bronze medal in the 2003 World Championships in the long jump and encouraged young girls to follow in her footsteps.
- Anju is also a gold medal recipient in the 2005 IAAF World Athletics Finals.
- She became the 1st Indian athlete who has received a bronze medal in the long jump at the World Championships in Athletics held in 2013 in Paris.
- Anju was honoured with the Arjuna award (2002), Padma Shri (2004), Khel Ratna (2003).
- Legendary Indian athlete, Anju Bobby George became the winner of the BBC lifetime achievement award in the category of Best Athlete.
Troika: India joined the G20 ‘Troika’ with Indonesia and Italy
India has joined the G20 ‘Troika’ on 1st December 2021 and India will work closely with Indonesia and Italy to ensure consistency and continuity of the G20’s agenda as a Troika member.
- Troika refers to the top grouping within the G20 that consists of the current, previous and the incoming presidencies — Indonesia, Italy and India.
- India will assume the G20 presidency on December 1st, 2022 from Indonesia, and will convene the G20 Leaders’ Summit for the first time in India in 2023.
- Italy hosted the G20 summit between 30th October and 31st October 2021. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also participated in the G20 summit and discussed the issue of Afghanistan’s future following the takeover by the Taliban.
RBI supersedes board of default-hit Reliance Capital
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has exercised its power to supersede the board of directors of Reliance Capital Ltd (RCL) under Section 45-IE (1) of the RBI Act, 1934. Reliance Capital Ltd (RCL) is a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) and is related to the Anil Ambani group.
- RBI has taken this step in view of the defaults by RCL in meeting the various payment obligations to its creditors and serious governance concerns.
- Along with it, RBI bank has appointed Nageswar Rao Y (Ex-Executive Director, Bank of Maharashtra) as the Administrator of the company under Section 45-IE (2) of the RBI Act.
- RCK will be the 3rd non-banking financial company after DHFL and Srei Group companies.
- RCL has a debt of Rs 21,781.01 crore, including interest
Current Affairs 4th December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.