Indian athlete Anju Bobby George has won the Woman of the Year Award by World Athletics for grooming talent and encouraging young girls in India to take up sports and fight for gender equality.
- Anju won the bronze medal in the 2003 World Championships in the long jump and encouraged young girls to follow in her footsteps.
- Anju is also a gold medal recipient in the 2005 IAAF World Athletics Finals.
- She became the 1st Indian athlete who has received a bronze medal in the long jump at the World Championships in Athletics held in 2013 in Paris.
- Anju was honoured with the Arjuna award (2002), Padma Shri (2004), Khel Ratna (2003).
- Legendary Indian athlete, Anju Bobby George became the winner of the BBC lifetime achievement award in the category of Best Athlete.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.