Hornbill Festival celebrated in Naga Heritage village Kisama: Hornbill Festival has been celebrated with colourful renditions of traditional music, dances, and contemporary in one roof at Naga Heritage village Kisama. Hornbill Festival is the biggest cultural extravaganza of Nagaland.
- the Festival is the 22nd edition of the Hornbill festival and is to be celebrated in 6 districts of Nagaland.
- In the last year 2019, over 282,800 people including over 3,000 foreign tourists visited the festival during the 20th edition.
- Hornbill Festival has been started off on December 1 and in the last year, this was not celebrated due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Every year, The Hornbill Festival is a celebration held between 1st December 2021 and 10 December December, in Nagaland, Northeast India. It is also called the ‘Festival of Festivals’.
- The opening ceremony showcased the flight of the Hornbill- A musical presentation by Task Force for Music and Arts Nagaland.
- Nagaland Founded: 30 November 1963
- Capital of Nagaland: Kohima (Executive Branch)
- Chief minister of Nagaland: Neiphiu Rio
- Official bird of Nagaland: Blyth’s tragopan
Hornbill Festival: FAQs
Why is it called Hornbill Festival?
Festival’s name is named after the Indian hornbill, hornbill bird is the large and colourful forest bird, is displayed in the folklore of most of the state’s tribes.
Will there be Hornbill Festival 2021?
The Hornbill Festival 2021 of Nagaland has been started on 1st December 2021 and in 2020, it was not celebrated due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
What is the Speciality of the Hornbill Festival?
This Festival is known as the “Festival of Festivals” and it is one of the largest celebrations of all the major tribes of Nagaland. where people love to do various activities such as traditional dance forms, folk songs, art and indigenous games from the different tribes of the state.
What is the history of the Hornbill Festival?
In 2000, Nagaland Govt organized this festival for the first time to encourage inter-tribal interaction and to promote the cultural heritage of Nagaland. the name of the festival denotes the Indian bird Hornbill.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.