Today Top Current Affairs 30 July 2021
30 July 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 30 July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Modi launches SAFAL Assessment Framework for CBSE Students
On 29th July 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched an initiative of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) called SAFAL on the occasion of the first anniversary of the National Education Policy (NEP).
- The full name of SAFAL is Structured Assessment For Analysing Learning.
- It is a competency-based assessment programme for grades 3, 5 and 8 has been introduced by the CBSE.
- It aims to assess the progress of foundational skills and basic learning outcomes among students.
- During the academic year 2021-22, SAFAL will be held on a pilot basis and will be in key curricular areas of Language, Mathematics, and EVS, Science.
- This is in line with Para 4.40 of the National Education Policy 2020 which recommends that for the benefit of students, parents, teachers, principals, and the entire schooling system in planning improvements to schools and teaching-learning processes. All students will take school examinations in Grades 3, 5 and 8 which would test achievement of basic learning outcomes, through assessment of core concepts along with relevant higher-order skills and application of knowledge in real-life situations, rather than rote memorization.
Karnataka provides 1% reservation for Transgender persons in Government Employment, becomes first State of India
State Govt of Karnataka has become the first state in India that has reserved jobs in public employment in favor of transgender persons by amending the Karnataka Civil Services (General Recruitment) Rules, 1977. the state govt has decided to approve a 1% horizontal reservation for transgenders in government jobs.
Karnataka Civil Services (General Recruitment) Rules, 1977 amendment
- The amendment is done to Rule 9 by inserting Sub Rule (1D) to offer for 1% of vacancies in any service or post by the state govt from among the transgender candidates in each category of general, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes and in each of thecategories among the Other Backward Classes (OBC).
UT of Ladakh gets RBI nod to Acquire 8.23% stake in J&K Bank
The Ladakh Government has received the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire 8.23% of the paid-up equity capital of Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd on 26th July 2021.
- it follows the order about the transfer of 8.23 per cent shareholding (about 4.58 crore equity shares) in Jammu and Kashmir Bank as of October 31, 2019, to the UT of Ladakh.
Najib Mikati as new Lebanese Prime Minister
On 26th July 2021, Najib Mikati has been elected as Lebanon’s new Prime Minister with 72 votes in parliament while the former ambassador Nawaf Salam got only one vote.
- Najib Mikati will serve as the 31st Prime Minister of Lebanon.
- Mikati will start his third stint as Lebanon’s Prime Minister. prior to this, Mikati has served as caretaker Prime Minister in April 2005 and also served a full-scale government for three years in the year 2011.
- Mikati will take place of Saad Hariri resigned prime minister after nine months of political turmoil and disputes with President Aoun and his son-in-law MP Gebran Bassil.
- Mikati has received support from most political parties such as Amal Movement, the Future Movement, Marada Movement, Hezbollah, and Progressive Socialist Party.
Alphabet launches new Robotics Software company Intrinsic
Alphabet Google’s parent company has made the announcement of launching a new company called Intrinsic. Intrinsic companies will focus on building industrial robots’ software.
- It will focus on releasing new robotic software and projects related to artificial intelligence.
World Day Against Trafficking in Persons 2021
Every year, The World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is observed on July 30 across the world. in 2013, the UN General Assembly designated this day to raise awareness of the situation of victims of human trafficking and for the promotion and protection of their rights.
- The theme 2021 for World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is “VICTIMS’ VOICES LEAD THE WAY”. It highlights the importance of listening to and learning from survivors of human trafficking.