PM Modi launches SAFAL Assessment Framework for CBSE Students
On 29th July 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched an initiative of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) called SAFAL on the occasion of the first anniversary of the National Education Policy (NEP).
- The full name of SAFAL is Structured Assessment For Analysing Learning.
- It is a competency-based assessment programme for grades 3, 5 and 8 has been introduced by the CBSE.
- It aims to assess the progress of foundational skills and basic learning outcomes among students.
- During the academic year 2021-22, SAFAL will be held on a pilot basis and will be in key curricular areas of Language, Mathematics, and EVS, Science.
- This is in line with Para 4.40 of the National Education Policy 2020 which recommends that for the benefit of students, parents, teachers, principals, and the entire schooling system in planning improvements to schools and teaching-learning processes. All students will take school examinations in Grades 3, 5 and 8 which would test achievement of basic learning outcomes, through assessment of core concepts along with relevant higher-order skills and application of knowledge in real-life situations, rather than rote memorization.
- SAFAL diagnostic assessment will help in offering developmental feedback to schools and teachers to improve teaching-learning without additional examination pressure on students.
- it will also help students, parents, and teachers to track learning progress throughout the school years and not just in Grades 10 and 12.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.