Today Top Current Affairs 30 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 30 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 30 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Maharashtra launched jail tourism initiative
150 years old Yerawada Central Prison has been launched as a jail tourism initiative by The Prison Department of Maharashtra. the jail tourism initiative will play a role in helping students learn about historical experiences.
- it was Constructed in 1866.
- Yerawada Central Prison is the largest jail in Maharashtra.
- visitors will get a chance to visit the faasi yard where the death sentence is executed.
Swaminathan J and Ashwini Kumar Tewari as SBI Deputy MD and SBI MD
State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed Swaminathan J and Ashwini Kumar Tewari as SBI Deputy MD and SBI MD for a period of three years.
- Prior to this, Swaminathan was serving as the deputy managing director (finance) of the bank.
- And Tewari has served as managing director and chief executive officer.
Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released ”Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index‘’. as per the index, India has got 10th position among 11 Asia Pacific countries.
- The Index includes 11 countries they are: Australia, China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and New Zealand.
‘Personalised Health Index’ measures performance against 27 different indicators they are divided into four categories ”Vital Signs”.
- Policy Context,
- Health Information,
- Personalised Technologies
- Health Services.
Actress Cloris Leachman passed away at 94
The Famous American actor Cloris Leachman has passed away at the age of 94. she was one of the most decorated actors in American television history.
- She won 8 Emmy Awards and Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, a Golden Globe Award in her storied television career.
Nobel laureate Paul Crutzen died at 87
On 28th January 2021, Paul J Crutzen has taken his last breath at the age of 87. he was a 1995 Nobel Chemistry Prize Winner.
- In the year 1995, he was honoured with Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Mario J. Molina and F. Sherwood Rowland.
- they gave a lot of contribution to atmospheric chemistry and also studied the formation and decomposition of ozone.
Gujarati film actor Arvind Joshi passed away
On 29th January 2021, The Famous Gujarati film and theatre actor Arvind Joshi has taken his last breath at the age 84 in at Nanavati Hospital in Vile Parle.
- Arvind Joshi had worked in various Hindi movies such as Apmaan Ki Aag (1990), Sholay (1975) and Ittefaq (1969).
Martyrs Day or Shaheed Diwas on 30th January
The day of 30th January is observed as Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Diwas annually. it highlights the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse on 30th January 1948. he is known as the ‘Father of Nation’.
- A two-minute silence in memory of Indian martyrs is seen across the country at 11 AM.