Today Top Current Affairs 3 August 2021
3 August 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 03 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
SBI launches SIM Binding feature for YONO and YONO Lite
State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a new and enhanced security feature named ‘SIM Binding’ in Yono and Yono Lite. the main aim of it is to provide enhanced security to all our customers and is to help them with a convenient and safe online banking experience.
- This new feature will also help in protecting customers from various frauds and offer ‘safer banking experience’
- With the new feature, YONO and YONO Lite will work only on those devices which have SIM of mobile numbers registered with the bank.
About State Bank of India (SBI) –
- Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
NPCI launches digital payment solution e-RUPI
On 2nd August 2021, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched an innovative digital solution named ‘e-RUPI’ in association with the Department of Financial Services (DFS), National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), and partner banks.
- e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless instrument for digital payment. It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-Voucher, which is delivered to the mobile of the beneficiaries.
- The users will be able to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app, or internet banking access.
- It will connect the sponsors of the services with the beneficiaries in a digital manner.
In An Ideal World Book by Novelist Kunal Basu in 2022
The Famous author of English fiction Kunal Basu has announced his new novel named ‘In An Ideal World’.
- It is expected that the Novel will be released in early 2022. and it will be published by Penguin Random House India.
- ‘In An Ideal World’ Book is a powerful, gritty, and fast-paced literary novel with a variety of themes like college, politics, family, crime investigation, and fanaticism.
Myanmar Military Chief as interim Prime Minister
On 1st August 2021, The Chief of the Myanmar military, Senior General Min Aung Hlaing has taken over as the interim prime minister of Myanmar. he has also pledged to conduct the Country’s elections by 2023.
- Min Aung Hlaing is serving as the commander-in-chief of Defence Services of Myanmar since March 2011.
- He is the Chairman of the State Administration Council (SAC).
- In Myanmar, State Administration Council (SAC) is performing the duties of the government. on 1st February 2021, Aung San Suu Kyi’s govt was overthrew.
Nikol Pashinyan Re-appointed as Prime Minister of Armenia
On 2nd August 2021, the President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian has re-appointed Nikol Pashinyan as the prime minister of Armenia.
- Prior to this, Pashinyan ha served as the prime minister in 2018.
- Pashinyan belongs to Civil Contract Party and serving as leader of the party.
- He has won a majority of seats in parliamentary elections in June 2021.
- Capital: Yerevan;
- Currency: Armenian dram
- President: Armen Sarkissian
Centenarian Sprinter Man Kaur passes away at 105
Centenarian sprinter and veteran athlete Man Kaur (who was known as Miracle from Chandigarh) have passed away at the age of 105. Man Kaur was admitted to Shudhi Ayurvedic Hospital Derabassi in district Mohali.
- She started running at the age of 93. in 2017, She won the 100-meter sprint at the World Masters Games in Auckland, New Zealand.
- She has won her 1st medal in Chandigarh Masters Athletics meet in 2007.
- And also earned Gold in 100 m and 200 m race in the National Masters Athletics meet in 2011.
- Man Kaur won the 100 m and 200 m championships in the World Masters Athletics Championships in the USA in 2011 and was also adjudged the best athlete.