Centre launches convergence scheme to support food processing units of urban SHGs
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched the event of the Convergence between PM Formalisation of Micro-food processing Enterprises (PMFME) & Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) scheme.
- The schemes will help and groom Self Help Group members, who are involved in micro-entrepreneurship activities will make financially empowered and help families of SHGs live a dignified life.
- The full form of the DAY-NULM scheme is Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission.
- DAY-NULM scheme has covered more than 60 lakhs, urban poor women, into SHGs and their federations.
PM Formalisation of Micro-food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries launched the PM Formalisation of Micro-food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme on 29th June 2020.
- PMFME has been implemented in 35 States and Union Territories.
- It aims to boost the competitiveness of individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment.
- It will also help in promoting the formalization of this food processing sector.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.