Today Top Current Affairs 24 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Govt amends rules governing corporate social responsibility
The government has amended rules governing corporate social responsibility (CSR) and asked companies having any amount in their unspent corporate social responsibility accounts to establish a CSR committee. official notification was issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Certain classes of profitable companies will have to spend at least 2% of their average net profit of the preceding three financial years on CSR activities in a particular financial year Under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Businesses having any amount in their ‘unspent corporate social responsibility account’ must establish a CSR committee to oversee the implementation of their CSR obligations.
- Companies will be allowed to keep unspent amounts earmarked for CSR in this designated account however, they will have to spend the amount within three financial years.
REC becomes the 12th ‘Maharatna’ CPSE
The Department of Department of Public Enterprises granted the status of a ‘Maharatna’ Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) to the Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) on 22 September 2022. Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)is the 12th CPSE to be granted Maharatna status.
- REC completed this feat owing to its adaptability, resilience, and consistent performance even during the global covid-19 pandemic.
- In 2010, The govt of India introduced Maharatna Scheme for Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), aimed at empowering mega CPSEs to expand their operations and emerge as global giants.
- Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) are those companies which are managed by the government of India.
India sets up export promotion council for medical devices under DoP
India established an export promotion council for medical devices, the Union Ministry of Commerce. the medical devices export promotion council will function under the department of pharmaceuticals. its headquarters will be located in Noida and will have offices in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. An export promotion council for medical devices will promote their products in international markets.
- It will be a big boost to Indian Medical Devices Manufacturing.
- This move will also help in accelerating the exports and manufacturing growth of the medical devices sector.
Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi & UP sign pact for passenger vehicle movement
Haryana, NCT-Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh have signed the Status of Combined Reciprocal Common Transport Agreement, Contract Carriage and Stage Carriage, (CRCTA). during the Commissioner of Transport Secretaries/Commissioners of NCR (CoTS) meeting, Inter-state road/linkages connectivity among National Capital Region (NCR) states, road safety and possibilities of CNG/Electric buses in the region were also discussed.
- The meeting covers various road safety issues including locations of PTZ cameras, emergency trauma care centres along MDR, National Highways, State Highways and Expressways in NCR.
NCC & UNEP sign MoU to achieve the universal goal of clean water bodies
National Cadet Corps (NCC) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to tackle the issue of plastic pollution and achieve the universal goal of clean water bodies through ‘Puneet Sagar Abhiyan’ and ‘Tide Turners Plastic Challenge programme’. the MoU will remain in force for a period of three years and aims at consolidating, developing and detailing their cooperation and effectiveness to achieve the common objectives in the field of environment.
- DG NCC Lt Gen Gurbirpal Singh and Resident Representative, UN World Food Programme Mr Bishow Parajuli. Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt, Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar signed the MoU.
- The Government started ‘Puneet Sagar Abhiyan’ to realise the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, which he referred to as ‘Panchamrit’ during the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP26, held in Glasgow, Scotland between October 31 to November 13, 2021.
NSIC and Andhra Pradesh Medtech Zone Limited signed MoU for cooperation in health sector
National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC), a Public Sector Enterprise of the Ministry of MSME and Andhra Pradesh Medtech Zone Limited (AMTZ) have signed an MoU on cooperation in the healthcare sector. Shri Gaurang Dixit, CMD, NSIC and Dr Jitendra Sharma, MD & CEO, AMTZ signed the MoU.
- The MoU aims to enhance the competitiveness of MSMEs in the healthcare sector between NSIC and AMTZ.
- NSIC and AMTZ will leverage their expertise and create excellent opportunities for MSMEs in the healthcare sector to form global alliances.
Atul Chaturvedi elected as first chairman of Asian Palm Oil Alliance
The apex edible oil industry associations from five major palm oil importing countries from Asia come together for the first time to form an Asian Palm Oil Alliance (APOA). The apex solvent extractors associations of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal have started the APOA alliance. APOA alliance initiative includes other select companies or industry organisations operating in the production and/or refining of palm oil in Asia.
- The Solvent Extractors’ Association (SEA) of India will manage The APOA secretariat. Atul Chaturvedi, Director of Adani Wilmar Ltd and the President of SEA has been appointed as the first Chairman of the APOA in the first General Body Meeting of the APOA.
- The next meeting of APOA may be held in Indonesia early next year.
- India is the largest importer of palm oil in the Asian region and accounts for 15% of global imports.
Anil Khanna resigns as Indian Olympic Association acting president
Senior sports administrator Anil Khanna resigned as acting president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA). IOC refused to recognise any ‘acting/interim president’ and issued a suspension threat to IOA on 8th September 2022. IOC said the sports governing body is to hold elections by December 2022.
TerraPay & NPCI partners for merchant payments via UPI-enabled QR codes
TerraPay has partnered with NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) to further strengthen its cross-border payment solutions. the partnership will Indian customers and merchants in India with an active Unified Payments Interface Id (UPI Id) to make and accept cross-border payments seamlessly.
- TerraPay, NPCI will further empower Indian customers with active UPI Ids (350 million bank accounts) to be able to transact at QR locations enabled by TerraPay, globally.
- The partnership aims to increase the use of UPI and QR for cross-border merchant payments.
MoD inks Rs 1700-cr pact with BAPL for dual-role BrahMos missiles
The Ministry of Defence signed a Rs 1,700-crore deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (BAPL) for the acquisition of dual-role capable surface-to-surface BrahMos missiles for deployment on warships of the Indian Navy. Dual-role capable surface-to-surface BrahMos missiles deal will help in enhancing the operational capability of Indian Navy fleet assets.
- BrahMos missile’s name is a combination of the names of the Brahmaputra and Moskva rivers.
- A joint venture company set up by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Mashinostroyenia of Russia, BrahMos Aerospace has designed, developed and produced the BrahMos missiles.
- It will enhance the range and dual-role capability for land as well as anti-ship attacks.
M&M to acquire Swaraj Engines’ 17.41% stake from Kirloskar Industries
Mahindra & Mahindra(M&M) Ltd will acquire an additional 17.41% stake in Swaraj Engines Ltd from Kirloskar Industries Ltd (KIL) for Rs 296 crore. As a result, the company will have now 52.13 per cent from 34.72 per cent in Swaraj Engines Ltd (SEL).
- The company will buy 21,14,349 equity shares constituting 17.41% of the paid-up equity share capital of SEL from KIL at a price of Rs 1,400 per share.
- SEL will be a subsidiary of M&M and at present, SEL is an associate of the company.
- SEL is based in Mohali, Punjab and is in the business of manufacturing diesel engines and their components.
The Oval & Lord’s will Host the Next Two ICC World Test Championship Finals in 2023 & 2025
The game’s governing body ICC said The Oval and the iconic Lord’s will host the World Test Championship (WTC) Final in 2023 and 2025 respectively, on 21st September 2022. During the ICC Annual General Meeting in Birmingham in July 2022, England was identified as the host for the next two WTC Finals.
- Last year’s final between New Zealand and India was played in Southampton.
- the dates for both the 2023 and 2025 ICC World Test Championship Final will be announced soon.
- The 2nd edition of the World Test Championship was started on August 4th, 2022 and will finish on March 31st, 2023.
International Day of Sign Languages 2022
Every year, The International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) is celebrated on September 23rd across the world. this day aims to create awareness of the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf. It is a unique opportunity to support and protect the linguistic identity and cultural diversity of all deaf people and other sign language users.
- The theme for the 2022 International Day of Sign languages is “Sign Languages Unite Us!”, aimed at fostering, promoting and recognising national sign languages as part of their countries’ vibrant and diverse linguistic landscapes.
- The World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) began observing the International Day of Sign Languages.
- On 19th Dec 2017, The United Nations introduced a resolution to declare the day of 23rd September as the International Day of Sign Languages.
World Rose Day 2022
Every year World Rose Day (Welfare of Cancer Patients) is celebrated on September 22 to give the cancer fighters the hope that they can keep their guards up like a warrior against the deadly disease. The day is celebrated to honour their brave efforts to defeat cancer. It also encourages and supports those people who are fighting their battle against cancer. the main purpose of the day is to bring happiness and hope into the lives of such patients and reminds them that they can emerge victorious in their battle against cancer through determination and positivity.
- World Rose Day commemorates the fight of 12-year-old Melinda Rose, a resident of Canada put up while struggling with cancer.
- Melinda Rose was diagnosed with Askin’s tumour, a rare type of blood cancer.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.