World Rose Day 2022 – Every year World Rose Day (Welfare of Cancer Patients) is celebrated on September 22 to give the cancer fighters the hope that they can keep their guards up like a warrior against the deadly disease. The day is celebrated to honour their brave efforts to defeat cancer. It also encourages and supports those people who are fighting their battle against cancer. the main purpose of the day is to bring happiness and hope into the lives of such patients and reminds them that they can emerge victorious in their battle against cancer through determination and positivity.
World Rose Day: History
- World Rose Day commemorates the fight of 12-year-old Melinda Rose, a resident of Canada put up while struggling with cancer.
- Melinda Rose was diagnosed with Askin’s tumour, a rare type of blood cancer.
- 12-year-old cancer patient Melinda Rose from Canada died in 1996.
World Rose Day: Quotes
- “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
- “The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it. Flow with it . . and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
- “The wish for healing has always been half of health” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.
- Live your life on your own terms, not cancer’s.” – Stuart Scott
- “Don’t let pain define you, let it refine you.” – Tim Fargo.
World Rose Day: FAQs
Why is World Rose Day celebrated?
September 22 is celebrated as World Rose Day to give the cancer fighters the hope that they can keep their guards up like a warrior against the deadly disease.
Which day is known as World rose day?
World Rose Day is known as the Welfare of Cancer Patients.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|