Today Top Current Affairs 24 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
TAKE QUIZ TEST – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 24 May 2022
Dr Jitendra Singh Launches ‘BioRRAP’ Portal for Biotech Researchers
Union Minister of State (IC) Ministry of Science and Technology; Minister of State (IC) Ministry of Earth Science; MoS of Prime Minister’s Office and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Dr Jitendra Singh launched Single National Portal for Biotech researchers and Start-ups in keeping with the spirit of “One Nation, One Portal”.
- The Portal “BioRRAP” will help in catering to all those seeking regulatory approval for biological research & development activity.
- it will also offer a huge relief for “Ease of Science as well as Ease of Business.
India’s State of Inequality Report
Dr Bibek Debroy, Chairman, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) released The State of Inequality in India Report, compiling information on inequities across sectors of health, education, household characteristics and the labour market.
- The Report will help formulate reform strategies, a roadmap for social progress and shared prosperity.
- Economic Facets and Socio-Economic Manifestations and looks at five key areas that influence the nature and experience of inequality.
- Five Key Areas: income distribution, labour market dynamics, health, education and household characteristics.
Paytm forms a joint venture general insurance firm named ‘Paytm General Insurance Ltd’
Paytm announced a Joint Venture (JV) general insurance company called Paytm General Insurance Ltd (PGIL). along with it, Paytm has announced to infuse Rs 950 crore in PGIL in tranches, over a period of 10 years and to hold an upfront equity stake of 74% in JV. with this, Paytm General Insurance will be a subsidiary of Paytm.
- PGIL plans to register for and undertake general insurance business defined under Section 2(6B) of the Insurance Act, 1938 (“Insurance Act”).
Anjali Pandey gets the CII EXCON Committed Leader Award
Anjali Pandey has been conferred with the Committed Leader Award at CII EXCON 2022 in Bengaluru for her efforts to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Cummins India took steps to boost its female representation over the past few years resulting in an increase in the gender diversity ratio from 5 to 32%.
IFS Vivek Kumar as PM Narendra Modi’s new Private Secretary
IFS Vivek Kumar has been appointed as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by PM Modi approved Vivek Kumar’s appointment.
- Vivek Kumar is a 2004 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer and is serving as the director of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- Vivek Kumar will replace Sanjeev Kumar Singla who is set to take over as India’s Ambassador to Israel.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma re-appointed as MD and CEO of Paytm
Vijay Shekhar Sharma was re-appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Paytm. he will serve for a period of 5 years from December 19, 2022, to December 18, 2027.
- One 97 Communications has also announced the appointment of Madhur Deora as Additional Director of the company for a tenure of 5 years from May 20, 2022, to May 19, 2027.
- the Board also accepted the appointment of Deora as the Whole-time director designated as “Whole-time Director and Chief Financial Officer” of the Company.
Salil Parekh re-appointed MD & CEO of Infosys
IT major Infosys announced to appoint Salil S. Parekh as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director (CEO & MD). the reappointed Salil S. Parekh as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director (CEO & MD) will be effective from July 1st, 2022, for a period of five years till March 31, 2027, subject to the approval of shareholders.
- Salil Parekh has been serving as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Infosys since January 2018.
RBI authorises a surplus transfer to the Central Government of Rs 30,307 crore
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has sanctioned a surplus transfer to the Central Government of 30,307 crore rupees for the fiscal year 2021-22.
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Central Board of Directors’ 596th meeting was held in Mumbai, under the chairmanship of Governor Shaktikanta Das, to adopt the Reserve Bank’s Annual Report and Accounts for the year.
Anthony Albanese sworn in as Australia’s new prime minister
Australia’s new prime minister Anthony Albanese was sworn in at a brief ceremony lasting in Government House, Canberra on May 23, 2022. Anthony Albanese is associated with Labor Party and claimed the victory in the election, ending his wait for power after nine years.
- Anthony Albanese became the country’s 31st Australian Prime Minister.
Piyush Goyal to lead Indian delegation at World Economic Forum in Davos
Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal is leading the Indian team at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos which is being conducted from May 22 to 26.
Indian government’s delegation
- Mansukhlal Mandaviya, minister of health and family welfare, chemicals and fertilisers,
- Hardeep Singh Puri, minister for petroleum and natural gas, housing and urban affairs.
- Chief ministers and senior ministers of 6 states — Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Telangana
Odisha won the 12th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship title
Odisha has won its first-ever gold in Senior Nationals and won the 12th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship. Odisha women’s team defeated Karnataka 2-0 in the final.
- The 12th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship was held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Punam Barla (34′) and Ashim Kanchan Barla (59′) scored in the match.
250th Birth Anniversary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy
the Ministry of Culture has celebrated and commemorated the 250th birth anniversary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy under the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. On this occasion, The ministry of Culture conducted an inaugural ceremony on 22nd May 2022.
- The inaugural ceremony was held at the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation, Salt Lake, Kolkata, and at Science City Auditorium, Kolkata.
- it was the 250th birth anniversary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy and the 50th foundation day of the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation.
- On this occasion, The Governor of West Bengal, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar was also present.
International Day for Biological Diversity 2022
The International Day for Biological Diversity is observed on 22nd May every year. this day is also known as World Biodiversity Day. it is a United Nations-sanctioned international day.
- The main purpose of this day is to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
- The theme of International Day for Biological Diversity 2022: “Building a shared future for all life”.
- In 1993, the Second Committee of the UN General Assembly created and designated the International Day for Biological Diversity.
International Day to End Obstetric Fistula 2022
Every year, International Day to End Obstetric Fistula is observed on May 23rd across the globe.
- This day aims to promote action toward treating and preventing obstetric fistula, a condition that affects girls and women during childbirth in developing countries.
- The United Nations Population Fund (UNPF), which is globally known as United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) began a global campaign to End Obstetric Fistula with its partners.
Daily Current Affairs 24th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.