International Day for Biological Diversity 2022: History, Theme – The International Day for Biological Diversity is observed on 22nd May every year. this day is also known as World Biodiversity Day. it is a United Nations-sanctioned international day.
- The main purpose of this day is to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
International Day for Biological Diversity 2022: Theme
- The theme of International Day for Biological Diversity 2022: “Building a shared future for all life”.
- The theme of 2021 World Biodiversity Day is “We’re part of the solution”.
- The theme of the International Day of Biological Diversity (IDB) 2020 is: “Our solutions are in nature”.
International Day for Biological Diversity 2022: History
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, state and government leaders wanted to make a strategy for sustainable development at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in the year 1992.
- In 1993, the Second Committee of the UN General Assembly created and designated the International Day for Biological Diversity.
- In December 2000, the UN General Assembly adopted the day of 22nd May as IDB (International Day for Biological Diversity) to mark the adoption of the text of the Convention on 22 May 1992 by the Nairobi Final Act of the Conference for the Adoption of the Agreed Text of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.