Today Top Current Affairs 24 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 24 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 24 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurated Shaheed Bhagat Singh Smarak
On 23rd March 2021 (Shaheed Diwas), Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has inaugurated the Shaheed Bhagat Singh Smarak in New Delhi.
- The Shaheed Bhagat Singh Smarak pays homage and memorialises 90 years of the martyrdom of the country’s icons of the Indian National Movement -Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru.
- Along with it, The University organized several competitions–poetry, song, slogan and essay writing in all the Colleges.
POWERGRID Launches Certified E-Tendering Portal “PRANIT”
Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) has launched an “e-Tendering Portal” named ‘PRANIT’. the ‘PRANIT’ e-Tendering Portal will play a role in helping the tendering process more transparent.
- The PRANIT portal will also include less paperwork and will allow ease of operation, which in turn will make the tendering process more transparent.
RBI makes 5 member Standing External Advisory Committee
In order to evaluate applications for “on-tap” licensing of universal banks and small finance banks (SFBs), the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to make a standing external advisory committee (SEAC). the committee will have 5 (Five) members.
- The former RBI deputy governor Shyamala Gopinath will be the head of the committee and will serve for a period of three years.
Standing external advisory committee (SEAC) Members
|Revathy Iyer||Director, central board, RBI|
|B Mahapatra||Former executive director, National|
Payments Corporation of India
|T N Manoharan||Former chairman, Canara Bank|
|Hemant G Contractor||Former MD, State Bank of India,|
and former Chairman, Pension Fund
Regulatory and Development Authority.
Russia Launches 38 Satellites on Soyuz Rocket
On 22nd March 2021, the Russian space agency ‘Roscosmos’ has launched 38 foreign satellites into space. A Russian Soyuz rocket took off from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- The 38 satellites are from 18 countries such as South Korea, Japan, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Italy and Brazil.
Roscosmos said on its Twitter account.
“The Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket with the Fregat upper stage and 38 spacecraft from 18 countries took off from the Baikonur cosmodrome,”
MoD signs deal with MDSL to supply Light Specialist Vehicles to Indian Army
On 22nd March 2021, The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with Mahindra Defence Systems Ltd (MDSL). as per the contract, MDSL will supply 1,300 Light Specialist Vehicles to the Indian Army in four years.
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) will spend a cost of Rs 1,056 crore.
- This deal promotes the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan’ and ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government.
India has 4th strongest armed forces in the world
The defence website Military Direct has released a study titled “ultimate military strength index”. as per the index, India’s military force has got 4th place as the strongest armed forces in the world.
- As per the study, China has become the strongest military force in the world and scored 82 points out of 100 points.
- Followed by THE USA and Russia have emerged as 2nd and 3rd strongest armed forces with 74 and 69 points respectively.
List of top 5 Countries have strongest armed forces in the world
World Tuberculosis Day 2021
The day of 24th March is observed as World Tuberculosis Day every year across the world.
- The main purpose of this day is to make people aware of the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eradicate the disease.
- The theme of World Tuberculosis Day 2021 is ‘The Clock is Ticking’ – conveys the sense that the world is running out of time to act on the commitments to end TB made by global leaders.
International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims 2021
the International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims day is observed on 24th March every year.
- The main purpose of this day is to pay tribute to people who have devoted their lives to, and lost their lives in, the struggle to support and protect human rights for all.
- This day marks the memory of Monsignor Óscar Arnulfo Romero, who was murdered on 24 March 1980.