Today Top Current Affairs 25 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 25 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 25 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
World’s First Ship Tunnel to be built in Norway
Norway will start building the world’s first tunnel “Stad Ship Tunnel” for ships. The Norwegian Coastal Administration receives the green signal to construct the tunnel.
- Stad Ship Tunnel will be made under the mountainous Stadhavet peninsula in northwestern Norway.
Stad Ship Tunnel: Highlights
|Tunnel Length||1.7 km|
|Handle capacity of ships||up to 16,000 tonnes|
|Tunnel Height||49 metres (161 ft)|
|Tunnel Width||36 metres (118 ft)|
|Cost||2.8 billion Norwegian kroner|
|Construction starts||in 2022|
|Tunnel completion Year||2025 – 2026|
Fitch Ratings predicts Indian GDP to 12.8% for FY22
On 24th March 2021, Fitch Ratings has estimated that India’s growth projection for FY22 will be 12.8%. prior to this, Fitch predicted 11%.
- Along with it, Fitch also has estimated that India’ GDP will be 5.8% for the fiscal year 2022-23.
Pabbi-Anti-Terror 2021: India will join with Pakistan and China
the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) decides to conduct a joint anti-terrorism exercise named “Pabbi-Anti-Terror 2021″. it will be held between India, Pakistan and China.
- The Pabbi-Anti-Terror 2021 exercise will be organized in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Pakistan will host The exercise at its premier anti-terrorism centre in Pabbi in the Nowshera district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
GROHE Hurun Real Estate Rich List 2020
As per the GROHE Hurun India Real Estate Rich List for 2020, Mangal Prabhat Lodha & family has emerged as the richest real estate developer in India for the fourth year in a row.
- The Lodha Group has a net wealth worth of 44,270 crores which was an increase of 39 per cent.
list of top-10 richest real estate developers in India:
|Rank||Name||Net Worth||Main Company||Residence|
Lodha & family
|Rs. 44,270||Macrotech Developers||Mumbai|
|2||Rajiv Singh||Rs. 36,430||DLF||New Delhi|
|Rs. 26,260||K Raheja||Mumbai|
|4||Jitendra Virwani||Rs. 23,220||Embassy Office|
|5||Niranjan Hiranandani||Rs. 20,600||Hiranandani Communities||Mumbai|
|6||Vikas Oberoi||Rs. 15,770||Oberoi Realty||Mumbai|
|7||Raja Bagmane||Rs. 15,590||Bagmane Developers||Bengaluru|
|8||Subhash Runwal & family||Rs. 11,450||Runwal Developers||Mumbai|
|9||Ajay Piramal &|
|Rs. 6,560||Piramal Realty||Mumbai|
|10||Atul Ruia & family||Rs. 6,340||Phoenix Mills||Mumbai|
Hindi Writer Prof Sharad Pagare be conferred with Vyas Samman 2020
The noted Hindi writer Professor Sharad Pagare will be honoured with the prestigious Vyas Samman for the year 2020 for his novel ‘Patliputru Ki Samragi.’
- this will be the 31st award that will be given by KK Birla Foundation for an outstanding literary work in Hindi.
- The recipient will get an award of four lakh rupees along with a citation and plaque.
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2021
every year, The day of 25th March is observed as the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
- this day marks those who suffered and died at the hands of the brutal slavery system.
- it also creates awareness about the dangers of racism and prejudice.
- Theme 2021: “Ending Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for Justice”
International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members 2021
International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is observed on 25th March every year by the United Nations.
- It marks the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett in the years 1985 by armed gunman.