Today Top Current Affairs 23 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 23 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 23 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
PM Modi launches Catch the Rain campaign
ON 22 March 2021, PM Narendra Modi launched the ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign. he begins this campaign on the occasion of World Water Day for conserving water.
- The ‘Catch the Rain’ campaign will run between 22nd March and 30 November 2021 and is to be implemented across the country, in both rural and urban areas.
- its purposes to make water conservation at the grass-root level via people’s participation and drive stakeholders to construct rainwater harvesting structures suitable to the climatic conditions and subsoil strata so that the proper storage of rainwater could be ensured.
Centre launches Gram Ujala Scheme to offer LED bulbs
on 19th March 2021, Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) has launched the Gram Ujala programme.
- the Gram Ujala programme aims to offer LED bulbs at Rs 10/piece in rural areas.
- it also purposes to promote the government’s climate change strategy and further strengthen its self-reliance credentials.
- In the 1st phase, 15 million LED bulbs will be distributed across certain villages of 5 states they are Aarah (Bihar), Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh), Nagpur (Maharashtra), and villages in western Gujarat.
India Legends won Road Safety World Series T20, Defeated Sri Lanka Legends
On 21 March 2021, India Legends becomes the winner of the Road Safety World Series and beat Sri Lanka Legends by 14 runs to clinch the final title. the final match was played at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Player of the Match – Yusuf Pathan (India Legends)
- Player of the Series – Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka Legends)
- Most Runs – Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka Legends)
- Most Wickets – Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka Legends)
Veteran filmmaker and writer Sagar Sarhadi no more
The famous filmmaker-writer Sagar Sarhadi has passed away at age of the 88. he was suffering from age-related issues.
- he was known for ‘Kabhi Kabhie’, ‘Bazaar’ and ‘Silsila.
- He started his career as an Urdu short stories writer. he got a chance to join Bollywood through Yash Chopra’s 1976 “Kabhi Kabhie”.
- Along with it, Sagar Sarhadi had written dialogues for various acclaimed films such as “Silsila”, “Chandni”, Shah Rukh Khan’s film debut Deewana (1992), as well as Hrithik Roshan’s Kaho Na Pyaar Kai (2000).
Former SEBI Chief GV Ramakrishna dies at 91
Former chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) GV Ramakrishna has taken his last breath at the age of 91. he was suffering from a brief illness.
- Ramakrishna was known as GVR and in 1990, he was elected as the chairman of the SEBI Board. he served as 2nd chairman of the SEBI Board.
- Ramakrishna was an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the 1952 batch from the Andhra Pradesh cadre.
Gandhi Peace Prize for 2019 and 2020
The Gandhi Peace Prize for the years 2019 and 2020 have been honoured
|2019||(Late) Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said||Oman||For contributions for social, economic and political transformation through non-violent and other Gandhian methods.|
|2020||Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman||Bangladesh||For his contributions towards social, economic and political transformation through non-violent and other Gandhian methods.|
Martyrs Day (Shaheed Diwas) on 23 March
Shaheed Diwas or Martyrs’ Day is being celebrated on 23rd March in India to commemorate the hanging of India’s three freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru.
- The three freedom fighters were hanged by the colonialists on 23rd March 1931, in Lahore Jail.
World Meteorological Day 2021
The day of 23rd March is observed as World Meteorological Day in the world. it aims to commemorate the date of the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization on 23rd March 1950.
- The day purpose to remember the contribution that the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services are making to the safety and well-being of society.
- The theme for 2021 World Meteorological Day is ‘The ocean, our climate and weather. This year, the day focuses on the atmosphere and as well as on the ocean and its significance.