Today Top Current Affairs 23 & 24 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 23 & 24 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 23 & 24 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
DIPCOVAN DRDO develops indigenous Covid-19 antibody detection kit
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a Covid-19 antibody detection kit named DIPCOVAN in association with Delhi-based Vanguard Diagnostics Pvt Ltd.
- the DIPCOVAN kit will be sold across India from June first week for Rs 75 each.
- The kit will be useful to assess previous SARS-CoV-2 exposure.
- The kit has a shelf life of 18 months.
- The DISPOVAN kit can detect both spikes as well as nucleocapsid (N) protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus with a high sensitivity of 97 percent and specificity of 99 percent.
Bihar Launches HIT COVID App to Track Home Isolated Patients
The Chief Minister of Bihar State, Shri Nitish Kumar has launched an innovative mobile application named ‘Home Isolation Tracking (HIT)’ COVID. During the launch time CM Nitish Kumar and Jibesh Kumar (Jibesh Kumar), Minister of Information and Technology Department, were present.
- The ‘Home Isolation Tracking (HIT)’ will help in monitoring the condition of COVID-19 patients recovering at their residence.
- HIT Covid App has been developed by the Bihar State Electronics Development Corporation (BELTRON) under the guidance of the health department.
6 More heritage sites on the tentative Unesco list
The Ministry of Culture announces that Six Indian sites the temples of Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, the Ganga ghats in Varanasi, and the Satpura Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, such sites have been added to the tentative list of UNESCO’s world heritage sites.
- Now, UNESCO has 48 proposals in the tentative list of India.
Six Indian sites:
- Satpura Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)
- The riverfront of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
- The megalithic site of Hire Bengal ( Karnataka)
- Maratha Military Architecture (Maharashtra)
- Bhedaghat-Lametaghat in Narmada Valley (Jabalpur)
- Temples of Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu)
SBI Partners with HyperVerge to offer AI-powered Online Account Opening amid Covid-19
Recently, State Bank of India (SBI) has made partnership with HyperVerge in order to provide convenient digital banking services to the customers.
AI-powered Online Account Opening
- The customers of SBI bank will be able to instantly open savings account using the Video Banking process, during the COVID-19 Disease.
- customers will require minimal ID documents to open an account.
- It will provide a ten times faster facility to open accounts per day per agent.
- it will complete the entire process within 5 minutes.
- The whole process will be paperless.
- Customers will have to undergo regular video KYC checks during opening accounts.
- The Video Banking solution will help in assisting Customers with AI engines with an accuracy of 99.5%.
- the Video Banking solution will perform pre-qualifier checks on customer details, schedule video calls with high throughput and AI-driven Liveness, OCR, and Facematch checks.
Narinder Batra re-elected as FIH President, Gets 2nd consecutive term
On 22nd May 2021, Narinder Batra has been re-elected as the International Hockey Federation (FIH) President for a second term during the virtual 47th Congress of the sport’s global governing body.
- He will serve till the year 2024.
- Batra got 63 votes to become the International Hockey Federation (FIH) President and defeated Belgium’s Marc Coudron 63-61 of the 124 votes polled.
- Along with it, he is also the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and an International Olympic Committee (IOC) member.
International Hockey Federation (FIH)
Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
World Turtle Day 2021
World Turtle Day is observed on 23rd May every year across the world. the main objective of this day is to create awareness among people to protect turtles and tortoises and their disappearing habitats.
The American Tortoise Rescue observes this day since 2000 and this day was founded for the protection of all species of tortoise and turtle. American Tortoise Rescue is a nonprofit organization in 1990.
The theme of 2021 World Turtle Day is “Turtles Rock!”
International Day to End Obstetric Fistula 2021
International Day to End Obstetric Fistula is observed on 23rd May Every year across the globe.
This day aims to promote action towards treating and preventing obstetric fistula, a condition that affects girls and women during childbirth in developing countries.
Theme 2021: “Women’s rights are human rights! End fistula now!”