6 More heritage sites on tentative Unesco list
The Ministry of Culture announces that Six Indian sites the temples of Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, the Ganga ghats in Varanasi, and the Satpura Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, such sites have been added to the tentative list of UNESCO’s world heritage sites.
- Now, UNESCO has 48 proposals in the tentative list of India.
Six Indian sites:
- Satpura Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)
- The riverfront of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
- The megalithic site of Hire Bengal ( Karnataka)
- Maratha Military Architecture (Maharashtra)
- Bhedaghat-Lametaghat in Narmada Valley (Jabalpur)
- Temples of Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu)