Today Top Current Affairs 25 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 25 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 25 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present Book by Shivshankar Menon
Indian diplomat Shivshankar Menon has authored a book titled “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present”, which was released by Brookings Institution.
- The book highlights the changes in Independent India’s foreign policy choices throughout its history, maps its present-day challenges, and analyzes how India’s policies are likely to evolve in response to new challenges.
- He has served as National Security Adviser of India under Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh.
- Also, served as the Foreign Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs between 1st October 2006 and 31st July 2009.
Rajesh Bansal as CEO of RBI Innovation Hub
Rajesh Bansal has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the RBIH. his appointment was done by The Board of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH).
- Bansal as CEO will serve from May 17, 2021.
- Prior to this, he has worked as a member of the founding team of Aadhaar.
- Also, he served at the RBI in the areas of technology, financial inclusion and payments systems.
Highest-Paid Athletes 2021 by Forbes: UFC Champion Conor McGregor Tops
The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Conor McGregor has been ranked at the top of the 2021 Forbes‘ list of the world’s highest-paid athletes.
- The earning of McGregor is $180 million as measured from 1st May 2020 to 1st May 2021.
- Followed by Footballer Lionel Messi and Ronaldo got 2nd and 3rd place with $130 million and $120 million respectively.
Forbes Highest paid Athletes list 2021: Top 10
|Rank||Name||Sports||Earning (in million)|
|1st||Conor McGregor (Ireland)||MMA||$180|
|2nd||Lionel Messi (Argentina)||Soccer||$130|
|3rd||Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)||Soccer||$120|
|4th||Dak Prescott (United States)||Football||$107.5|
|5th||Lebron James (United States)||Basketball||$96.5|
|7th||Roger Federer (Switzerland)||Tennis||$90|
|8th||Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom)||Formula One||$82|
|9th||Tom Brady (United States)||Football||$76|
|10th||Kevin Durant (United States)||Basketball||$75|
FIFA Under-17 Women World Cup 2022: India will Host
India will host The 2022 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup and it is scheduled to conduct between 11 October and 30 October 2022.
- Before, this World Cup was to be held in India in 2021. but, due to COVID-19 cases, the event was canceled.
- Prior to this, India hosted FIFA under-17 World Cup in 2017 and now, will host for the second time.
fifa under-17 women’s world cup 2022 schedule
- Host country – India
- Event Dates – 11 October – 30 October 2022
- Teams – 16 (expected)
- Venue(s) – Announced Soon
Max Verstappen wins Monaco Grand Prix 2021
Red Bull – Netherlands Formula One (F1) Max Verstappen has won the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix. the race was held on 23 May 2021. Verstappen gets his second win of this season.
- Followed by, Carlos Sainz Jr and Lando Norris came on 2nd and 3rd place.
Monaco Grand Prix 2021 race results
|2nd||Carlos Sainz Jr.||78|
Former Atomic Energy Commission of India Chief Srikumar Banerjee Dies
The former Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission of India, Dr. Srikumar Banerjee (70) has died due to a heart attack.
- In 2012, He was retired as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary of the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Banerjee served as the Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) for a period of 6 years till 2010.
- Banerjee was honored with Padma Shri (2005) and the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award (1989) for making his exceptional service in the field of science, or in the atomic energy and metallurgy area.
World Thyroid Day 2021
The day of 25th May is observed as World Thyroid Day across the world. the main objective of this day is to promote awareness and understanding of thyroid health and the advances made in treating thyroid diseases.
- In 2008, the European Thyroid Association and the American Thyroid Association established World Thyroid Day to celebrate.
International Missing Children’s Day 2021
International Missing Children’s Day (IMCD) is marked on 25th May Every year across the globe. the main purpose of this day is to commemorate the missing children who have found their way home, remember those who have been victims of crime, and continue efforts to find those who are still missing.
- In 2001, this day was observed for the first time and the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC), Missing Children Europe, and the European Commission made joint efforts to celebrate this day.