Today Top Current Affairs 22 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 22 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 22 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Government Extends Income Tax Return Filing Deadline From 31 July to 30 September
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extends the filing income tax returns due date for assessment year (AY) 2021-22. prior to this, the last date was July 31st, 2021. after extending the due date, the filing income tax returns could be filled by September 30, 2021
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) took this decision due to the Covid pandemic. this move will provide relief to taxpayers in the country.
Tax compliance deadlines
|Furnishing of belated or|
Revised Return of Income
|31 December 2021 – 31 January 2022|
|Form – 16 by employers to employees||15 June – 15 July 2021|
|Furnishing of Report of Audit||September 30, 2021 – October 31, 2021|
|Transfer Pricing Study Report||30 November|
|Statement of Reportable Account||31 May – 30 June|
|TDS Statement for fourth quarter of FY 2020-21||31 May – 30 June|
|SFT Due date||31 May – 30 June|
RBI will transfer 99,122 rupees surplus to centre for FY21
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to transfer a Rs 99,122 crore surplus to Central Government. this surplus will be for the period of nine months ended March 31, 2021 (July 2020-March 2021).
Prior to this, RBI changed its Accounting year from July-June to April-March.
Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath, becomes 13th Chief Minister of Kerala
On 20th May 2021, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has taken sworn as CM of the state for his second straight five-year term.
- The state Governor Arif Mohammad Khan administered the oath of office and secrecy as Chief Minister of Kerala.
- After taking the oath, Pinarayi will serve as the 13th Chief Minister of Kerala.
- He is the Left Democratic Front (LDF) leader.
Jharkhand Launches Mobile App Amrit Vahini for online booking of hospital beds
The Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has launched a website and the mobile application ‘Amrit Vahini’ (www.amritvahini.in).
- The mobile app and website will help in enabling Covid-19 patients and their relatives to book beds at Covid-19 hospitals in the state on a real-time basis.
- Apart from this, patients can search for both oxygen-supported and non-oxygen-supported beds.
- The hospital will wait for the next two hours after booking. If the person fails to get the bed then, the bed will be allocated to another patient, based on a medical emergency.
Former NSG DG JK Dutt Passes Away at 72
The former Director-General of the National Security Guard (NSG), Jyoti Krishan Dutt has passed away at the age of 72. he was suffering from complications arising out of Covid-19.
- Jyoti Krishan Dutt led the commando forces during the Mumbai terror attacks 2008 (26/11 and Operation Black Tornado).
J K Dutt wiki:
- He was an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer from the 1971-batch of the West Bengal cadre.
- Dutt also served as DG of the National Security Guard (NSG) between August 2006 and February 2009.
- Apart from this, he also worked in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
International Day for Biological Diversity 2021
The International Day for Biological Diversity is observed on 22nd May every year. this day is also known as World Biodiversity Day. it is a United Nations-sanctioned international day.
The main purpose of this day is to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
The theme of 2021 World Biodiversity Day is “We’re part of the solution”.