Today Top Current Affairs 21 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 21 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 21 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Indian Navy Designs Oxygen Recycling System
In order to mitigate the existing Oxygen shortages, The Indian Navy has designed an Oxygen Recycling System (ORS). Oxygen Recycling System (ORS) has been conceptualized and designed by Indian Navy’s Diving School of the Southern Naval Command.
Oxygen Recycling System (ORS)
- It will help in extending the life of the existed medical oxygen cylinders by two to four times.
EY Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index 2020: US tops
The consultancy firm Ernst & Young (EY) has released the 57th EY Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI). as per the Index, The United States has been ranked at the top position on RECAI 57, followed by China at the 2nd position.
India Ranks Third in 2020 EY Index:
- In 2020’s Index, India has been ranked at 3rd position in the renewable energy sector.
- In 2019, India was in 4th place, and this year, India’s position went up.
- India will set up 450 GW for renewable energy power capacity (installed) by the year 2030.
Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Jagannath Pahadia Dies
The former chief minister of Rajasthan and Senior Congress leader Shri Jagannath Pahadia has taken his last breath at the age of 89. he was battling with COVID-19.
- Jagannath had served as Rajasthan’s Chief Minister between 6th June 1980 and 14th July 1981.
World Metrology Day 2021
The day of 20th May is observed as World Metrology Day in order to celebrate the International System of Units. The International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) organizes this day in the collaboration of Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (BIPM).
- This day also the anniversary of the signing of the 1875’s Metre Convention.
- The theme 2021 for World Metrology Day is Measurement for Health.
- it aims to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in health, and thus in the wellbeing of every one of us.
International Tea Day 2021
International Tea Day is observed on 21st May every year across the world by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- It aims to create awareness of the deep cultural and economic significance of tea around the globe.
- This day also plays a role in promoting the importance of fighting hunger and poverty.
- In 2019, United Nations adopted this day on 21st December to observe.
National Anti Terrorism Day 2021
In India, the day of 21st May is observed as National Anti Terrorism Day. it marks the death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
- The main purpose of this day is to spread the message of peace, harmony, and humankind and also roles in promoting unity among the citizens.
- On 21st May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a human bomb.
- Rajiv Gandhi was India’s youngest Prime Minister.
- He was the sixth Prime Minister of India.
- He served as PM of India between 1984 and 1989.
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development 2021
The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is observed every year on the day of 21st May.
- The main purpose of this day is to observe the richness of the world’s cultures and highlight the significance of its diversity as an agent of inclusion and positive change for achieving peace and sustainable development.