Today Top Current Affairs 21 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 21 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 21st October 2021 ★★|
|★★ Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 44 ★★|
|★★ Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 140 ★★|
Dr Jitendra Singh launches Air Quality Early Warning System
The Union Minister Shri Jitendra Singh has launched the Air Quality Early Warning System (AQEWS). the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) has developed a new Decision Support System (DSS) and extended the ability of the existing air quality early warning system (AQEWS) to have decision-making capability for air quality management in Delhi – NCR region.
- the link to the website https://ews.tropmet.res.in/dss/.
- The website will help in providing quantitative information about the contribution of emissions from Delhi and surrounding districts to the air quality.
PM Modi inaugurates Kushinagar International Airport in UP
On 20th October 2021, PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Kushinagar International Airport in Uttar Pradesh. The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has built this airport with an estimated cost of Rs. 260 crore. Kushinagar International Airport has the longest runway in Uttar Pradesh.
- The airport will be useful for people who are planning to come to the city where Lord Buddha is believed to have attained Mahaparinirvana.
- Kushinagar International Airport will handle eight flights every hour including four arrivals and four departures.
- 300 passengers will arrive per hour at the airport.
- The passenger terminal of Kushinagar airport is spread across 3,600 square kilometers.
- People can book a direct Delhi-Kushinagar flight from November 26th, 2021 this airport.
CII conducts International Conference and Exhibition on Digital technologies – Future Tech 2021
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has conducted the International Conference and Exhibition on Digital technologies named Future Tech 2021. it is a Journey of digital transformation to technology adoption and acceleration and will run between 19th October 2021 and 27th October 2021.
- It will act as a platform for Indian industry and entrepreneurs.
- It will help in understanding the nuances of technologies.
- It will also identify the right approach and technologies for their business as well as B2B partnerships.
NPCI launches NTS platform for Card Tokenisation
On 20th October 2021, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched NPCI Tokenization System (NTS). The NPCI Tokenization system (NTS) will help in supporting tokenisation of cards and will be an alternative to storing card details with merchants.
- NTS will enhance the safety of customers and provide a seamless shopping experience to consumers.
- NTS users can get certified with NPCI.
Global Food Security Index 2021: India ranks 71st among 113 nations
As per the Global Food Security (GFS) Index 2021, India has been ranked at 71st position among 113 countries with a score of 57.2 points. India is behind its neighbors Pakistan (52.6 points) and Sri Lanka (62.9 points) in terms of food affordability.
- Ireland, Australia, the UK, Finland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Canada, Japan, France and the US have topped with the overall GFS score in the range of 77.8 and 80 points on the index.
- The GFS Index 2021 has been designed and constructed by London-based Economist Impact and Corteva Agriscience has sponsored it.
- The GFS Index focuses on the factors of affordability, availability, quality and safety, and natural resources and resilience.
2021 BNP Paribas Open: Winner List
The 2021 BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament was conducted between 4th October 2021 and 18th October 2021 at Indian Wells, California, US. it is also known as the 2021 Indian Wells Masters.
Here is the list of winners below.
|Women’s singles||Paula Badosa (Spain)|
|Men’s Singles||Cameron Norrie (United Kingdom)|
|Women’s Doubles||Hsieh Su-wei|
|Men’s Doubles||John Peers|
National Police Commemoration Day 2021
Every year, the Police Commemoration Day is celebrated by Indians to remember police personnel who sacrificed their lives while discharging their duties. It also marks the sacrifices of ten policemen who breathed their last in a Chinese firing in 1959. Chinese troops opened fire and threw grenades at 20 Indian soldiers in Ladakh on 21st October.
<< Read Full News Here >>