Today Top Current Affairs 21 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
TAKE QUIZ TEST – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 21 May 2022
World bank sanctioned $350 million for SRESTHA-G project in Gujarat
World Bank has approved financial aid of $350 million for the Systems Reform Endeavors for Transformed Health Achievement in Gujarat (SRESTHA-G) project.
- the World Bank is contributing $350 million to The SRESTHA-G project which worth will be $500 million.
- It will have to transform key health delivery systems in the state.
- The SRESTHA-G Project aims to improve service delivery in Gujarat by improving primary health care quality, equity, and comprehensiveness, improving service delivery models for adolescent girls, and increasing disease surveillance system capacity.
Madam Tussaud Museum to start in Noida
The famed Madame Tussauds wax museum is set to reopen next month in June 2022 and will now be situated on the 4th floor of DLF Mall of India, Noida, covering an area of 16,000 sq ft.
- The famed Madame Tussauds wax museum had shut shop at Connaught Place Regal Building in 2020.
- It will have close to 50 figures of celebrities and superstars from five different zones such as History and Leaders, Sports, Music, Bollywood, Hollywood & Film & Television.
Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann launched the ‘Lok Milni’ scheme for redressal of public complaints
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann has launched a first-of-its-kind public interaction programme, ‘Lok Milni’ for hearing the grievances of people.
- The main purpose of the public interaction programme, ‘Lok Milni’ is to provide a single-window platform to the people for redressal of their complaints.
- It will make sure to facilitate resolution of long-pending administrative issues concerning people.”
- ‘Lok Milni’ aims to ensure that the matter flagged by people are immediately resolved on the spot,
India’s First State-Owned OTT Platform ‘CSpace’
Kerala will launch a state-owned over-the-top (OTT) platform, CSpace, on November 1st, 2022 to offer film lovers an array of movies, short films and documentaries of their choice.
- The name of the OTT platform is CSpace and is an initiative of Kerala State Film Development Corporation (KSFDC) on behalf of the Kerala government.
- CSpace will coincide with the state’s formation day on November 1st, 2022 with several unique features.
Punjab Cabinet approved Rs 1,500 per acre incentive for farmers
The Punjab cabinet has approved a ₹1,500 per acre incentive to farmers for sowing paddy through the DSR (direct seeding of rice) technique. to provide an incentive to farmers, ₹450 crores amount has been earmarked and will be used for the promotion of the less water consuming and cost-effective DSR technique.
- The incentive will be provided to farmers through direct benefit transfer (DBT).
- Anaj Kharid Portal of Punjab Mandi Board has a database of approx 11 lakh farmers linked with their Aadhaar details, mobile number and bank account details.
PNB MetLife launched India’s 1st dental health insurance plan
PNB MetLife India Insurance Co., Ltd launched the PNB MetLife Dental Care Plan which is a unique plan to address the emerging needs of the customer and has tied up with more than 340 dental clinics including Clove Dental and Sabka Dentist, two of India’s largest dental clinic.
- PNB MetLife Dental Care Plan will be the first insurance plan in India and will cover fixed-benefit outpatient expenses and provides financial assistance with costs related to overall dental health.
HANSA-NG 2 seater flying trainer aircraft
The HANSA-NG 2 seater flying trainer aircraft has passed an in-flight engine relight test at DRDO‘s Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) facility in Challakere. The HANSA-NG 2 seater flying trainer aircraft was designed and developed by CSIR-NAL.
- Wg Cdr K V Prakash and Wg Cdr NDS Reddy Pilots conducted a flight test at an altitude of 7000-8000 feet with a speed range of 60 to 70 knots (IAF).
National Anti Terrorism Day 2022
In India, the day of 21st May is observed as National Anti Terrorism Day. it marks the death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
- The main purpose of this day is to spread the message of peace, harmony, and humankind and also role in promoting unity among the citizens.
- It also remembers the sacrifices made by soldiers and policemen who fought against terrorism to protect their country and their people.
- This day promoted peace and harmony.
International Tea Day 2022
International Tea Day is observed on 21st May every year across the world by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- It aims to create awareness of the deep cultural and economic significance of tea around the globe.
- This day also plays a role in promoting the importance of fighting hunger and poverty.
- In 2019, United Nations adopted this day on 21st December to observe.
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development 2022
The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is observed every year on the day of 21st May.
- The main purpose of this day is to observe the richness of the world’s cultures and highlight the significance of its diversity as an agent of inclusion and positive change for achieving peace and sustainable development.
- In 2002, the UN General Assembly (UNGA) passed a resolution 57/249 to proclaim 21 May as World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
Daily Current Affairs 21st May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.