National Anti Terrorism Day 2022 – In India, the day of 21st May is observed as National Anti Terrorism Day. it marks the death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
- The main purpose of this day is to spread the message of peace, harmony, and humankind and also role in promoting unity among the citizens.
- It also remembers the sacrifices made by soldiers and policemen who fought against terrorism to protect their country and their people.
- This day promoted peace and harmony.
National Anti Terrorism Day 2022: history
- On 21st May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, in a suicide bombing, by a woman from the Liberation of Tamil Tigers Eelam (LTTE), a terrorist group.
- Rajiv Gandhi was India’s youngest Prime Minister.
- He was the sixth Prime Minister of India.
- He served as PM of India between 1984 and 1989.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.