Today Top Current Affairs 21 August 2021
21 August 2021 Daily GK Update, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 21 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Govt constitutes committee to boost handloom sector, Sunil Sethi as Chairman
Indian Govt has formed a Committee in order to double the production and quadrupling the exports of handlooms in a span of 3 years. Sh. Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) New Delhi will head the Committee. the Committee will have 8-members.
Members of Committee
- Sunil Sethi, Chairman, FDCI, New Delhi, Chairman
- Dr. Sudha Dhingra, Professor, NIFT, New Delhi
- Ms. Shefali Vaidya, Freelance writer, Pune
- Ms. Anagha Gaisas, Owner, M/s Saudamini Handlooms, Pune
- Sh. Suket Dhir, Fashion Designer, New Delhi
- Sh. Sunil Alagh, MD, M/s SKA Advisors Pvt. Ltd. & Former MD and CEO M/s Britannia Industries Ltd., Mumbai
- Dr. K.N. Prabhu. M/s Paradigm International, Karur
- Sh. Hetal R. Mehta, Chairman, Science Engineering & Science Engineering & Technological Upliftment Foundation (SETU), Surat
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches DIY Digital Repayment platform called Neo Collections
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a platform called ‘Neo Collections’. the Neo Collections is a Do It Yourself Digital Repayment Platform for missed loan repayments.
- The ‘Neo Collections’ platform will help in enabling repayment of outstanding dues through a variety of payment modes.
NPCI joins with Mashreq Bank to launch UPI in the UAE
NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL) has partnered with Mashreq, one of the leading financial institutions in the UAE in order to offer acceptance of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in the UAE.
- The Partnership will offer a considerable boost to the digital payment ecosystem in the UAE.
- it will be a major stepping stone for the wider reach of UPI in the international markets.
Facebook launches Small Business Loans Initiative in India
Facebook India has launched a new programme called the “Small Business Loans Initiative”. the Initiative aims to help small and medium businesses (SMBs) that advertise on Facebook to get quick access to credit through independent lending partners.
- Facebook India has made partnership with online lending platform Indifi.
- it will make business loans more easily accessible to small businesses, and will help in reducing the credit gap within India’s MSME sector.
Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies list 2021: Apple Tops
As per the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies list 2021, Apple is the world’s most valuable company (USD 2,443 billion) and followed by Microsoft (USD 2114 billion) and Amazon (USD 1802 billion) got the 2nd and 3rd place in the list respectively.
- Reliance Industries (USD 188 billion) has been ranked at 57th position, is the top Indian company in the list. There are total 12 Indian companies in this list.
- Wipro Ltd, Asian Paints Ltd, HCL Technologies Ltd joined the list, featured at 457th, 477th and 498th spots.
Shanti Lal Jain appointed MD and CEO of Indian Bank
Shanti Lal Jain is appointed as the next Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Bank. Shanti Lal will serve for a period of three years. He will take place of Ms Padmaja Chunduru as MD and CEO of Indian Bank.
- Currently, Jain is serving as the Executive Director (ED), Bank of Baroda, and will assume the post from September 1st, 2021.
- Along with it, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval to appoint Mr Jain as Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in lndian Bank for a period of three (3) years with effect from the date of assumption of office on or after September 1st, 2021.
Sanskrit Week 2021 From August 19 To 25
The Citizens of Indian are observing the Sanskrit Week from August 19 to August 25, 2021. the main aim of this day is to promote, popularise and cherish the importance of ancient language.
- The day of Sanskrit Day is celebrated to raise awareness and promote the ancient Indian language.
- This day marks to preaching the importance of learning and knowing it.
- As per the Indian calendar, Sanskrit Day is observed on the full moon day of the month of Shravan.
International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2021
The day of 21st August is observed as The International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism in order to pay tribute to the individuals across the globe who have been attacked, injured, traumatized, or lost their lives because of terrorist attacks.
- United Nations celebrates August 21 as the International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to victims of terrorism to remind and pay tribute to the victims who lose their life or suffer the trauma of terrorism.
World Senior Citizens Day 2021
Every year, The day of 21st August is observed as World Senior Citizen Day across the world in order to raise awareness regarding issues affecting older people like deterioration with age and the abuse of the elderly and support, honor, and show appreciation to seniors and to recognize their achievements.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed the first World Senior Citizens’ Day on December 14th, 1990.
- This day was observed on October 1, 1991 for the first time. The former President of the United States of America, Ronald Reagan who established the World Senior Citizens’ Day.