Govt constitutes committee to boost handloom sector, Sunil Sethi as Chairman
Indian Govt has formed a Committee in order to double the production and quadrupling the exports of handlooms in a span of 3 years. Sh. Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) New Delhi will head the Committee. the Committee will have 8-members.
Members of Committee
- Sunil Sethi, Chairman, FDCI, New Delhi, Chairman
- Dr. Sudha Dhingra, Professor, NIFT, New Delhi
- Ms. Shefali Vaidya, Freelance writer, Pune
- Ms. Anagha Gaisas, Owner, M/s Saudamini Handlooms, Pune
- Sh. Suket Dhir, Fashion Designer, New Delhi
- Sh. Sunil Alagh, MD, M/s SKA Advisors Pvt. Ltd. & Former MD and CEO M/s Britannia Industries Ltd., Mumbai
- Dr. K.N. Prabhu. M/s Paradigm International, Karur
- Sh. Hetal R. Mehta, Chairman, Science Engineering & Science Engineering & Technological Upliftment Foundation (SETU), Surat
What Committee will do?
- The members will provide suggestions for the strategy and policy framework for doubling the production and for improving the quality of handloom products.
- Will provide measures for quadrupling exports of Handloom products.
- Will provide the ways and means that will help in improving the marketing of handloom products in domestic market.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.