Today Top Current Affairs 22 & 23 August 2021
22 & 23 August 2021 Daily GK Update, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 22 & 23 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
India’s largest Floating Solar PV Project in Andhra Pradesh by NTPC
Shri Sanjay Madan, RED (WR2 & SR), NTPC has inaugurated the largest floating solar PV project of 25MW on the reservoir of its Simhadri thermal station in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. the solar project has been established under the Flexibilisation Scheme.
- It is spread over 75 acres in an RW reservoir.
- The floating solar installation includes a unique anchoring design.
- It has capability to produce electricity from more than 1 lakh solar PV modules.
- The project is also expected to save 1,364 million litres of water per annum.
The highest herbal park in India inaugurated in Uttarakhand
On 21st August 2021, India’s highest altitude herbal park has been inaugurated at Mana village in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district. the park is situated at a height of 11,000 feet and near the Indo-China border.
- The park was developed by The research wing of Uttarakhand’s forest department and spreads over three acres of land.
- The herbal park has around 40 species.
- 1st Section – Dedicated to species associated with Badrinath (Lord Vishnu)
- 2nd Section – “Ashtavarga” species,
- 3rd Section – Saussurea species
- 4th Section – Assorted alpine species
New Cybersecurity Multi-Donor Trust Fund by World Bank
The World Bank has introduced a new ‘Cybersecurity Multi-Donor Trust Fund’ under the broader Digital Development Partnership (DDP) umbrella program. the main objective of it is to better roll out the cybersecurity development agenda in a systematic manner.
- It will also provide better define, understand, articulate, structure, and roll-out the cybersecurity development agenda in a systematic manner.
- In order to launch the fund, World Bank has made partnerships with four countries, they are Estonia, Japan, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- It will provide comprehensive cybersecurity capacity development, including the development of global knowledge, country assessments, technical assistance, capacity building, and training, underpinned with necessary investments in infrastructure and technology.
About World Bank –
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
- Founded: July 1944
BPCL launches AI-enabled chatbot called URJA
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has developed an AI-enabled chatbot named “Urja“. the chatbot will help in offering an interface for a seamless self-service experience and faster resolution of queries/issues for its customers. It will give answers and will give its solutions for consumer’s queries and requirements with its Artificial Intelligence.
- The Urja AI chatbot has become the first in the country’s oil and gas industry.
- It is “an intelligent virtual assistant with AI/NLP (Natural Language Processing) capabilities.
- It has been developed or trained with over 600 use cases.
Hisar Airport renamed as Maharaja Agrasen International Airport
The Chief Minister of Haryana Shri Manohar Lal Khattar has announced to rename the Hisar Airport as Maharaja Agrasen International Airport.
- In Haryana, The Hisar Airport is a domestic airport and it is also the first DGCA licensed Public Aerodrome of the State.
About Haryana –
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Founded: 1 November 1966
Apurva Chandra appointed as Secretary in I&B Ministry
Apurva Chandra has been appointed the secretary of the information and broadcasting ministry. his appointment has been approved by The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Chandra will take place of Amit Khare.
- He is serving as Secretary in Ministry of Labour and Employment at presnt.
- Khare is scheduled to retire in September 2021.
T M Bhasin as Chairman of Advisory Board for Banking Frauds
The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has announced to re-appoint T M Bhasin as chairman of the Advisory Board for Banking and Financial Frauds (ABBFF). a panel was formed to examine bank frauds of over Rs 50 crore and recommend action.
- His appointment will come into effect from 21st August 2021 and will serve as chairman of the Advisory Board for Banking and Financial Frauds (ABBFF) for a period of two years.
Ismail Sabri Yaakob as new Prime Minister of Malaysia
Ismail Sabri Yaakob is elected as the new Prime Minister of Malaysia. His appointment was done by Malaysia’s King Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah. He will replace Muhyiddin Yassin who has stepped down this week after losing his parliamentary majority due to infighting in his coalition.
- Ismail Sabri Yaakob has served as the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- He has served as the 9th Prime Minister of Malaysia since 21 August 2021.
- He also served as the 13th Deputy Prime Minister between July 2021 and August 2021.
Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh Dies At 89
The Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh State Shri Kalyan Singh has passed away at the age of 89 due to sepsis and multi-organ failure. He was taking treatment in the intensive care unit of the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS) in the national capital since July 4th, 2021.
- He had served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh two times June 1991 to December 1992 and September 1997 to November 1999.
International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief 2021
Every year, The International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief is observed on 22nd August. The main purpose of this day is to remember the victims and survivors of evil acts on the basis of or in the name of religion or belief.
- This day raises awareness that communities should take action together and obtain justice for the survivors of past abuses by holding perpetrators accountable, and demonstrating.
- In 2019, Poland proposed this day to observe and The UN Assembly adopted this day on 28 May 2019 at the 73rd UN General Assembly.
International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition 2021
The day of August 23rd is observed as International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition every year across the world. this day is a UNESCO designated day that marks memorializing the transatlantic slave trade.
- This day honors the memory of the men and women who, in Saint-Domingue in 1791 and who revolted and paved the way for the end of slavery and dehumanization.