Today Top Current Affairs 20 August 2021
20 August 2021 Daily GK Update, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 20 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Mansukh Mandaviya chairs Aarogya Dhara 2.0 on 2 Cr hospital admissions under Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana
On 18th August 2021, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has chaired the event Aarogya Dhara- 2.0 to mark the completion of 2 Crore treatments under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- The scheme was launched on 23rd September 2018 and has achieved the 2 crore hospital admissions landmark with treatments worth approximately Rs 25,000 crore.
- Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY is an ambitious scheme in order to ensure quality and affordable healthcare for the poor and underprivileged people.
- The scheme offers cashless and paperless healthcare services benefits of up to Rs 5 Lakhs per family per year to all eligible beneficiaries.
Electronic Monitoring and Enforcement of Road Safety
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued notification Electronic Monitoring and Enforcement of Road Safety, which will be called Rule 167A regarding Electronic Monitoring and Enforcement of Road Safety.
- New rules specify the detailed provisions for placement of electronic enforcement devices (speed camera, closed-circuit television camera, speed gun, body wearable camera, dashboard camera, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR), weigh in machine (WIM) and any such technology).
- State Governments will place electronic enforcement devices at high-risk and high-density corridors on National Highways and State Highways and at critical junctions.
Rajnath Singh launches Defence India Startup Challenge 5.0
On August 19th, 2021, Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has launched Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC) 5.0 under Innovations for Defence Excellence – Defence Innovation Organisation (iDEX-DIO) via a video conferencing.
- Under the DISC 5.0, Rajnath unveiled 35 Problem Statements including 13 from the Services and 22 from Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
- The Problem Statements are associated with Situational awareness, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Aircraft-trainer, Non-lethal devices, 5G network, Underwater domain awareness, Drone SWARMS and Data Capturing.
- The Ministry earmarks Rs 1,000 crore for domestic procurement through the iDEX initiative for the financial year 2021-2022.
CCEA approves Rs 77.45 cr for revival of north eastern agri-marketing corp
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for a Rs 77.45 crore package for the revival of state-run North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERAMAC).
- The revival package will help NERAMAC to implement innovative plans such as providing better farming facilities, training to farmers in clusters, organic seeds and fertiliser, post-harvesting facilities in order to promote the products of north east farmers in the world market.
- The revival package of Rs 77.45 crore includes Rs 17 crore is towards fund-based support and Rs 60.45 crore is non-fund-based support.
- The revival package will ensure the remunerative prices to farmers of the north eastern region of their products.
Army organises 400 Km “JAZBAA-E- TIRANGA” Relay Marathon in J&K
In Jammu and Kashmir, the Army has conducted a 400 Km “JAZBAA-E- TIRANGA” Relay Marathon. The marathon event was flagged off and led by Major General Rajeev Puri, General Officer Commanding (GOC), Ace of Spades Division.
- Over 300 troops joined the event and carried the Indian Tricolour all along the Line of Control (LoC).
- The event has inculcated the spirit of brotherhood.
Nitin Chugh resigns as MD & CEO of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
Nitin Chugh has decided to resign from the post of Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank due to personal reasons, effective September 30, 2021.
- He will cease to be a director of the bank from the same date.
About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank –
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Samit Ghosh
- Founded: 28 December 2004, Bengaluru
Akshay Urja Diwas 2021
Akshay Urja Diwas is observed every year on 20 August since 2004. this day is also called Renewable Energy Day. the main aim of this day is to raise awareness about the developments and adoption of renewable energy in India.
- In 2004, the Indian Ministry for New & Renewable Energy Sources initiated Akshay Urja Day towards Renewable Energy in the country.
- This day also makes people aware that they have to think about the renewable energy (Akshya Urja) apart from tradition energy.
World Mosquito Day 2021
Every year, World Mosquito Day is observed on 20 August to mark acknowledge and honour Sir Ronald Ross, a British doctor who discovered that female mosquitoes were responsible for the transmission of malaria in 1897.
- The main objective of this day is to raise awareness about the potentially life-threatening diseases caused by mosquitoes and the ways they could be prevented.
- Ross was honored with Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1902 and became the first British person to receive the award.
Sadbhavana Diwas 2021 on 20 August
The day of 20th August is observed as Sadbhavana Diwas in India every year to mark the birth anniversary of late erstwhile Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi. ‘Sadbhavana’ stands for goodwill and bonafide.
- In 2021, Indian will observe the 77th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi who was the youngest Prime Minister of India at the age of 40.
- The main objective of this day is to promote National Integration and Communal Harmony among people of all religions, languages, and regions and stop the violence.