Today Top Current Affairs 19 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 19 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 19 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Global Peace Index 2021: Iceland Tops, India Ranks at 135th
the Australian think tank, Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) has released Global Peace Index (GPI) 2021. The 2021 index is the fifteenth edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI).
- As per the Index, Iceland has retained the top place in the index as the most peaceful country since 2008. followed by New Zealand and Denmark have been given 2nd and 3rd place in the 2021 Global Peace Index.
Global Peace Index 2021: India Ranking
- As per the GPI, India has gained 135 among 163 countries with a slide up of two (2) places.
- Bangladesh has emerged as 3rd most peaceful country in South Asia and has secured 91st place. Bangladesh is behind Bhutan and Nepal and ahead of Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.
- However, Afghanistan has been chosen as the least peaceful nation among 163 nations.
2021 Global Peace Index: Top 5 Most Peaceful Countries 2021
Science and Technology
TRAI launches TV channel selector portal for DTH and cable TV subscribers
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched TV Channel Selector Portal. The purpose of this portal is to facilitate those subscribers who do not own a mobile phone. but, they want to use a web browser for the selection of TV channels.
- Subscribers will be able to select their channel of interest and remove the unwarranted channels through this portal.
- Subscribers could also modify existing plans.
- Also, you can submit feedback through the portal.
- Users can also check the real-time status of subscription requests, add channels in the applicable NCF (network capacity fee) and download and print current subscriptions.
BCCI Reduces Life Ban on Spinner Ankeet Chavan to 7 Years
The BCCI has taken a decision to reduce the lifetime ban on Mumbai left-arm spinner Ankeet Chavan. now, the ban period will be 7 years and will be allowed to play professional cricket. Ankeet Chavan lodged a plea to reduce the ban on him.
Ankeet Chavan Ban:
- Chavan, S Sreesanth, and Ajit Chandila were banned for life by the BCCI board after finding them guilty of the IPL spot-fixing scandal in 2003. in the last year, the ban on Sreesanth was lifted by the BCCI.
National Geographic Magazine Named the Southern Ocean the 5th Ocean
The National Geographic magazine has named the ‘Southern Ocean’ as the world’s fifth (5th) ocean.
- the Southern Ocean is the only ocean that touches three other oceans.
- it completely embraces a continent rather than being embraced by them’.
The first President of Zambia Kenneth Kaunda passes away at 97
The first President of Zambia, Kenneth Kaunda has taken his last breath at the age of 97. Kaunda had served as the first President of independent Zambia for 27 years between 1964 and 1991.
Static GK Zambia
- Capital: Lusaka;
- Currency: Zambian kwacha
Veteran Actor Chandrashekhar dies at 98
The noted actor Chandrashekhar has taken his last breath at the age of 98. he was suffering from age-related ailments. he played a role in various films like “Cha Cha Cha”, and “Surang”. he also played the role of Arya Sumant on the popular TV serial “Ramayan”.
- Chandrashekhar has worked in over 250 movies throughout his career till the early 1990s.
- apart from this, he was briefly assisted writer-filmmaker Gulzar between 1972 and 1976 on directories such as “Parichay”, “Koshish”, “Achanak”, “Aandhi”, “Khushboo” and “Mausam”.
International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict 2021
The day of 19th June is observed as the International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict every year.
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness of the need to put an end to conflict-related sexual violence, honor the victims and survivors of sexual violence across the globe.
- it also pays tribute to all those who have courageously devoted their lives to and lost their lives in standing up for the eradication of these crimes.
- In 2015, The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed this day to observe on 19th June.
World Sickle Cell Day 2021
The day of 19th June is observed as World Sickle Cell Day every year in order to create awareness regarding Sickle Cell Disease, its treatment methods and to get effective control over this disease worldwide
- In 2008, the United Nations General Assembly recognized this day to celebrate.
- The first WSCD (World Sickle Cell Day) was observed in the year 2009.
National Reading Day 2021
Every year, The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) observes National Reading Day on 19th June. this year, 26th National Reading Day is to be celebrated.
- The main reason for this day is to honor the father of the ‘Library Movement in Kerala’, the late P.N. Panicker, whose death anniversary falls on June 19th.
- In the year 1996, the 1st Reading Day celebration was taken place.
- On 19th June 2017, PM launched the 22nd National Reading Month Celebrations and called for unity to spread the message of ‘Read and Grow’ among all the citizens of the country by 2022.
Daily Current Affairs: FAQ
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.