Today Top Current Affairs 18 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 18 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 18 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
IIT Madras-incubated Pi Beam launches PiMo e-bike
On 16th February 2021, IIT Madras-incubated start-up Pi Beam has introduced a sustainable electric two-wheeler, dubbed called PiMo.
- During the launch of PiMo, Dinesh Karthik, G Prakash (Commissioner, Greater Chennai Corporation), Bhaskar Ramamurthi ( IIT Madras) and Pi Beam Electric CEO Visakh Sasikumar were present.
Govt launches a new Instant Messaging platform Sandes
The National Informatics Centre launches an instant messaging platform named Sandes. it will be like WhatsApp.
- Sandes platform will be used for all kinds of communications by anyone with a mobile number or email id.
- this initiative will help in pushing for use of India-made software and to make an ecosystem of indigenously developed products.
- The 1st version of the application was launched by NIC in August 2020 for both central and state government officials “for intra and inter-organisation communication.”
3rd Edition of Indian Sign Language Dictionary
On 17th February 2021, The Social Justice and Empowerment Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched the 3rd of the Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary.
- It has a total of 10,000 terms including the 6000 terms of the 1st and 2nd edition of the dictionary.
- The terms are related to academic terms, legal & administrative terms, medical terms, technical terms and agricultural terms.
MoHUA launches Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan in 10 Cities
On 16th February 2021, MoHUA launches Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan in 10 Cities under Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban (JJM-U).
- The main purpose of it is to ascertain the equitable distribution of water, reusing of wastewater and mapping of water bodies with respect to quantity and quality of water through a challenging process.
- Centre will spend Rs 2.87 lakh crore for JJM (U) in fiscal 2021-22.
Kiran Bedi is removed As Puducherry Lt Governor
On 16th February 2021, the Lieutenant-Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi is removed from the top position.
ICICI Lombard partners with Flipkart to offer Hospicash benefit
On 17th February 2021, ICICI Lombard has made a partnership with Flipkart in order to provide the ‘Group SafeGuard’ insurance to their customers.
- The insurance will be provided at an affordable price and will be paperless, and flexible.
- it will cover both accidental hospitalisations or planned surgeries/treatment.
- it allows consumers to avail of a payout for each day of hospitalization.