Today Top Current Affairs 18 & 19 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Dr Jitendra Singh launches “Swachhata” Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0
Dr Jitendra Singh launched the exclusive “Swachhata” Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0, which has been scheduled to begin on October 2.
- The “Swachhata” Portal was developed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- The URL is www.pgportal.govlin/scdpm22.
- The portal is dedicated to Swachhata and reducing the pendency of work in Government offices.
- Special Campaign 2.0 aims to focus more on field/outstation offices in addition to the Ministries/ Departments and their attached/subordinate offices.
Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya launched Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched a 15-day blood donation drive on the occasion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday. The blood donation drive is also called ‘Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav’ and will be in operation till 1st October 2022 which is National Voluntary Blood Donation Day.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has also urged people to join in the blood donation drive and donate blood to save lives.
- The citizens can also register themselves on Aarogya Setu App or e-Raktkosh portal to donate blood as part of the ‘Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav’.
Odisha to get 5G in first phase of launch
Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said Odisha will get 5G service in the first phase of its launch and Will have access to 5G telecom service in the very first phase.
- 5G telecom service will be provided to users 10 times the speed of 4G.
- Vaishnaw also downplayed apprehensions over the radiation impact of 5G.
- The radiation from 5G is much below the WHO-recommended levels.
<< Read Full News Here >>
Joao Lourenco Re-elected as President of Angola
Joao Lourenco has been re-elected as the President with 51% of the votes, as announced by National Electoral Commission. President Joao Lourenco is a member of the Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA). The election results extended the hegemony of the MPLA, which is the only party that ruled Angola since its Independence from Portugal in 1975.
- He got more than 3.16 million votes, which would allow it to have 124 out of 200 seats in the National Assembly.
- Adalberto Costa Junior’s National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA) who was from the opposition party, received 44% of the votes.
Prasanna Kumar Motupalli appointed as CMD of NLC India Limited
Prasanna Kumar Motupalli has been elected as the Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of NLC India Limited by the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB). at present, Prasanna Kumar Motupalli is serving as the Executive Director of NTPC limited.
- Prasanna Motupalli is a gold medalist in Mechanical Engineering and Master of Business Management in Operation Management, HR Management, Marketing, and Financial Management.
CSB Bank appoints Pralay Mondal as MD & CEO
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given approval for the appointment of Pralay Mondal as the managing director and chief executive officer of CSB Bank for a period of three years with effect. Mondal served as deputy managing director of the bank since February 17, 2022, and also served as interim MD & CEO with effect from April 1, 2022.
- Mondal Joined CSB Bank in September 2020 as the president of retail, SME, operations and IT.
- He also served as the head of retail banking at Axis Bank and also earlier headed retail and business banking at Yes Bank.
IndusInd Bank re-appoints Sumant Kathpalia as MD & CEO for 3 years
IndusInd Bank has approved the re-appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as managing director and chief executive officer for three years with effect from March 24, 2023, for a period of three years.
- earlier, Kathpalia was elected as MD & CEO of IndusInd Bank in March 2020.
- Sumant Kathpalia will be responsible for IndusInd Bank’s overall business strategy & execution, financial management, managing investor relations, mergers & acquisitions, evaluation of inorganic growth opportunities, digitization, compliance and governance.
Ugandan Youth Climate Activist Vanessa Nakate appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF
25-year-old climate activist from Uganda Vanessa Nakate, has been elected as the newest goodwill ambassador of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF). Nakate has worked as instrumental in redirecting the conversation on climate change to focus on the people most affected by the crisis: the poor and the marginalised.
- Nakate founded the ‘Rise Up Movement, which is a platform that aims to elevate the voices of African climate activists.
- She also founded the ‘Green Schools Project’ to install solar panels in rural Ugandan schools.
- Vanessa will drive climate action that benefits the communities most affected by the climate crisis aligns directly with UNICEF’s mission to drive change for every child.
“Ambedkar and Modi” book by Former President Ram Nath Kovind
Former President Ram Nath Kovind launched a book titled ‘Ambedkar and Modi: Reformer’s Ideas Performer’s Implementation. The book has been compiled by Bluekraft Digital Foundation.
- “Ambedkar and Modi” book highlight the life and works of Dr BR Ambedkar while drawing a parallel with the initiatives and reforms taken by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji to implement the ideals of the social reformer.
- It also marks a foreword by music composer and Rajya Sabha member Ilaiyaraaja and shows a convergence between the ideals of Dr Ambedkar and New India’s development journey.
Federal Bank ranked 63rd in Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 by Great Place to Work
The global authority on workplace culture, Great Place to Work listed Federal Bank at 63rd on the Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 and the bank has become the only bank in India. Great Place to Worklist is based on over one million survey responses across Asia and West Asia.
- The List represents the experience of more than 4.7 million employees in the region.
- Federal Bank ranked 63rd in Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 on the basis of the confidential survey data assessing employee experiences of trust, innovation, company values and leadership.
Bengaluru’s Pranav Anand becomes India’s 76th Chess Grandmaster
Bengaluru’s Pranav Anand has become India’s 76th Grandmaster as passed the 2,500 Elo mark in the World Youth Chess Championship in Mamaia, Romania. The 15-year-old Pranav achieved the title after having already fulfilled the other qualifications for a GM title.
- He defeated France’s Augustin Droin to claim the U-14 Open gold with 9 points from 11 rounds.
- He played his draw against Spain’s top-ranked GM Eduardo Iturrizaga Bonelli (2619) in the penultimate round.
- Anand received his 3rd and final GM norm in Biel at the 55th Biel Chess Festival in July 2022.
World Bamboo Day 2022
Every year, World Bamboo Day is celebrated on 18 September across the world to raise awareness about the bamboo industry. the World Bamboo organization aims to boost spread awareness about the potential of this plant. this day highlights its sustainable utilization, and aims to promote the cultivation of bamboo for new industries around the globe.
- World Bamboo Day also promotes its local and traditional uses for the economic development of the community.
- In 2009, World Bamboo Organization officially declared the day of September 18 as World Bamboo Day at the 8th World Bamboo Congress held in Bangkok to bring the potential of bamboo to more elevated exposure, and to promote new cultivation of bamboo for new industries in regions across the world.
International Equal Pay Day 2022
International Equal Pay Day is observed by people on 18th September across the world. the day aims to highlight issues related to the gender pay gap and raise worldwide awareness. it also ends the history of gender discrimination that women are generally subjected to by getting paid less than their male counterparts.
- the day will help in encouraging all labour market actors in order to take important steps to assure that equal pay is at the heart of recovery efforts worldwide.
- National Committee on Pay Equity first observed International Equal Pay Day in 1996 to achieve pay equity.
World Patient Safety Day 2022
Every year, World Health Organization’s (WHO) global public health day called World Patient Safety Day is observed on September 17th across the globe. The day aims to increase public awareness, enhance global understanding and call for solidarity and united action by all countries and international partners to increase patient safety and reduce patient harm.
- It also focuses on preventing and reducing risks, errors, and harm that patients face.
- The theme of World Patient Safety Day 2022 is ‘Medication Safety’ and the slogan is ‘Medication Without Harm’ with a call to action to ‘Know, Check & Ask’.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.