Ugandan Youth Climate Activist Vanessa Nakate appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF – 25-year-old climate activist from Uganda Vanessa Nakate, has been elected as the newest goodwill ambassador of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF). Nakate has worked as instrumental in redirecting the conversation on climate change to focus on the people most affected by the crisis: the poor and the marginalised.
- Nakate founded the ‘Rise Up Movement, which is a platform that aims to elevate the voices of African climate activists.
- She also founded the ‘Green Schools Project’ to install solar panels in rural Ugandan schools.
- Vanessa will drive climate action that benefits the communities most affected by the climate crisis aligns directly with UNICEF’s mission to drive change for every child.
About UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) –
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 11 December 1946, New York, United States
- President: Tore Hattrem
- Head: Catherine M. Russell
- Founders: United Nations General Assembly, Ludwik Rajchman
- Parent organization: United Nations General Assembly
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|