World Patient Safety Day 2020
The day of 17th Sept is observed as World Patient Safety Day every year across the world. it aims to create awareness for patient safety and inspire people to show their commitment to making healthcare safer.
World Patient Safety Day Theme 2020 –
- Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety.
Purpose of World Patient Safety Day –
- Create awareness at the global level and highlights the importance of health worker safety.
- approve multimodal strategies in order to gain the safety of health workers and patients.
- Implementation of urgent and sustainable actions for health workers safety.
- Offer recognition to health workers
History of World Patient Safety Day –
- On 25th May 2019, The WH (World Health) Assembly decided to adopt a resolution on 72th Assembly named ‘Global action on patient safety’ and took the decision to celebrate World Patient Safety Day on 17 September.
World Health Organization (WHO):
Founded: 7 April 1948
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
Head Person: Tedros Adhanom