Today Top Current Affairs 17 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 17 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 17th October 2021 ★★|
|★★ Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 40 ★★|
|★★ Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 136 ★★|
India re-elected to UN Human Rights Council for 2022-2024
On 14th October 2021, India is re-elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). India’s term will be effective from January 2022 to December 2024.
- India got 184 votes of the 193 votes cast in the election to begin its new term to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
- It will be the 6th term of India.
Joint Sea 2021: China- Russia conduct naval drill in Sea of Japan
China and Russia have participated in a joint naval exercise named “Joint Sea 2021”. the Joint Sea 2021 was started at Russia’s Peter the Great Gulf, in the Sea of Japan.
- The exercise is to be conducted between 17th October 2021 and October 17, 2021.
- The objective of the naval drill “Joint Sea 2021” is to practice shooting at targets designed to imitate enemy surface ships and hold air-defense drills.
Amitabh Chaudhry as MD & CEO of Axis Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval for the re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Axis Bank for a period of three years.
- Amitabh Chaudhry’s new term will effective from January 1, 2022, and will serve till December 31, 2024 .
- Chaudhry has served as the MD and CEO of HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company.
- he was also appointed as the Head of the testing unit of Infosys Technologies Limited and MD & CEO of Infosys BPO.
Pradeep Kumar Panja appointed as Chairman of Karnataka Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval to appoint Pradeep Kumar Panja as the Chairman of Karnataka Bank Ltd with effect from November 14th, 2021.
- Pradeep Kumar Panja will serve for a period of three years.
- He will replace P Jayarama Bhat, whose’s term will be ended on November 13th, 2021.
Navrang Saini gets additional charge as Chairperson of IBBI
Navrang Saini has been given an additional charge as interim Chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI). Navrang Saini will hold the post for a period of three months, or until further orders.
- Navrang Saini is a Whole Time Member of IBBI.
- he is also provided additional charge of Chairperson in addition to his existing duties.
- He will replace M.S. Sahoo who retired on September 30, after completing a five-year tenure.
World Sight Day 2021
Every year, World Sight Day is observed on the second (2nd) Thursday of October month. the main purpose of this day is to draw attention to blindness and vision impairment.
- In 2021, the World Sight Day has been observed on 14th October 2021.
- it aims to bring global attention to impairment and blindness.
- The theme 2021 for World Sight Day is ‘Love Your Eyes’.
- In 1998, Lions Clubs International came with blindness presentation organizations worldwide for the first World Sight Day.
World Anaesthesia Day 2021
Every year, World Anaesthesia Day is celebrated on October 16th across the world. this day marks the first successful demonstration of diethyl ether anaesthesia in 1846.
- This day is also known as National Anaesthesia Day or Ether Day in some countries.
- W.T.G Morton had discovered the first official successful demonstration of ether as an anaesthetic, started the era of the practice of anesthesiology.
World Spine Day 2021
Every year, World Spine Day is celebrated on October 16 by people in the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about spinal health, spinal pain, and spine-related disability.
- it also aims to inspire people of the world so that they can undertake measures to improve their spinal health and avoid ailments of the spine.
- The theme 2021 for World Spine Day is “BACK 2 BACK.”, highlighting methods to help guide people towards keeping their spines healthy.
37th Raising Day of the NSG
The Raising Day of the National Security Guard (NSG) is observed on October 16th every year in India. the day highlights the 37th anniversary of the establishment of the NSG, popularly known as Black Cats.
- NSG’s motto is ‘Sarvatra Sarvottam Suraksha’”.
- On 22 September 1986, The President signed a bill for the establishment of the elite striking force. after that, the NSG came into existence.
International Day for Eradication of Poverty 2021
Every year, International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on 17 October across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the struggles of people living in poverty.
- It also aims to create awareness of the need to eradicate poverty and destitution around the world, particularly in developing countries.
- The theme 2021 for International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2021 is “Building Forward Together: Ending Persistent Poverty, Respecting all People and our Planet”.