Today Top Current Affairs 17 June 2022 – Current Affairs – 17th June 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM inaugurates Jal Bhushan Building and Gallery of Revolutionaries at Raj Bhawan in Mumbai
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Jal Bhushan Building and Gallery of Revolutionaries at Raj Bhawan in Mumbai. During the inauguration of the Jal Bhushan Building and Gallery of Revolutionaries, the Governor of Maharashtra, Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, and the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri Uddhav Thackrey were present.
- PM Modi also inaugurated an underground ‘Gallery of Revolutionaries’ museum dedicated to the luminaries of the freedom struggle, at the Raj Bhavan.
- The Gallery was developed in the bunker as one of its kind museums, to commemorate the contributions of freedom fighters and revolutionaries of Maharashtra.
Arati Prabhakar to be appointed as science adviser to the President of US
It is expected that US president Joe Biden can name Arati Prabhakar as the head of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP). Arati will be the first woman and the first person of colour to serve as science adviser to the President of the United States.
- Arati Prabhakar will take place of Eric Lander as the head of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).
- Eric Lander left the role nine months after his appointment after admitting to bullying his staff and creating a hostile work environment during his tenure.
- Arati served in top roles during the presidential tenure of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
Tamil Nadu launched Ennum Ezhuthum scheme to bridge learning gap
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin launched the Ennum Ezhuthum scheme to bridge the learning gap that was caused due to the COVID pandemic among students aged below eight and was launched at an event in Azhinjivakkam panchayat union middle school, Tiruvallur.
- Ennum Ezhuthum scheme aims to ensure foundational literacy and numeracy by 2025.
- The education department will provide workbooks to students from Classes 1 to 3 to assess and bridge the learning gap under the scheme.
- The children will be provided training in three subjects such as Tamil, English and Mathematics.
Mumbai Airport launched Vertical Axis Wind Turbine & Solar PV hybrid System
Mumbai Airport Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) in Mumbai has launched a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT) and Solar PV hybrid (Solar Mill) to explore the possibility of utilization of wind energy at the airport.
- Mumbai will be the first city in India to launch a one-of-its-kind hybrid power project at its airport.
- The fully integrated, hybrid renewable energy product uses solar and wind energy combined to produce electricity.
- It will help in deploying renewable, clean, green, environment-friendly, bird-friendly, and silent solutions with a 25-year design life.
HDFC Bank and 100X signed a Memorandum of Understanding
Private sector lender HDFC Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding with 100X.VC to further its engagement with the start-up ecosystem in the country.
- HDFC Bank and 100X.VC will collaborate in mutually advantageous areas.
- The bank seeks to improve the ecosystem by fostering innovation and entrepreneurship through such partnerships.
- HDFC Bank will also assess 100X.VC-recommended start-ups for investment and loan extension opportunities.
CASHe launches instant credit line on WhatsApp
Financial wellness platform CASHe launched an industry-first credit line service using its AI-powered chat capability on WhatsApp. CASHe instant credit line on WhatsApp will help in providing customers with a fast, seamless and convenient way to access instant credit line by merely typing their name.
- CASHe’s WhatsApp chat service is built on the WhatsApp Business Platform.
- It is an enterprise solution which will allow businesses to communicate with new and existing customers on WhatsApp in a simple, secure, and reliable way.
UPEIDA signs MoUs with SBI, BOB, PNB, and SIDBI for UP
Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) has announced to sign MoUs with the State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda (BOB), Punjab National Bank (PNB), and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in order to encourage investment in the UP Defense Industrial Corridor.
- The banks will offer financial help in the form of ease of doing business to investors in the UP Defense Industrial Corridor.
- Investors will be provided tailored financial support from the banks on a case-by-case basis to assist them in establishing their businesses.
Anand Mahindra, Venu Srinivasan, Pankaj Patel, and Ravindra Dholakia appointed to RBI central board
The government has appointed industrialists Anand Mahindra, Pankaj R Patel and Venu Srinivasan, and former IIM (Ahmedabad) professor Ravindra H Dholakia as non-official directors on the central board of the Reserve Bank for a period of four years with effect from 14 June 2022 or until further orders.
- Anand Gopal Mahindra is the chairman of the Mahindra group.
- Venu Srinivasan is the chairman emeritus of TVS Motor Company.
- Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel is the chairman of Zydus Lifescience.
- Ravindra Dholakia is IIM Ahmedabad’s ex-faculty.
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought 2022
Every year, The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed on June 17. the day aims to create awareness of the presence of desertification and drought and highlight methods of preventing desertification and recovering from drought.
- On 30th January 1995, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed this day.
- The theme 2022 of World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is ‘Rising up from drought together.’
Daily Current Affairs 17th June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.