Today Top Current Affairs 17 July 2021
Daily Current Affairs 17 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 17th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 17 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Manduadih Railway Station in Varanasi Renames as Banaras Railway Station
The Northern Eastern Railway (NER) authorities have decided to rename Manduadih Railway Station in Varanasi city, as Banaras Railway Station.
- Now, Banaras has been written in Hindi, Sanskrit, English, and Urdu.
- And will be identified with code ‘BSBS’, with effect from 15 July 2021.
Singapore Unveils One of World’s Biggest Solar Farms
On 14th July 2021, Singapore has introduced the world’s largest floating solar panel farms. the solar panel farm’s area is equivalent to 45 football fields. it will help in producing enough electricity to power the island’s five water treatment plants.
- Singapore will aim to increase its solar energy production four times by 2025 in order to fight climate change.
- The 60 megawatt-peak floating solar system has been set up at Tengeh Reservoir.
- Sembcorp Floating Solar Singapore has built it with the help of the Singapore Public Utilities Board.
China launches world’s first commercial onshore small reactor project ‘Linglong One’
China is working on the construction of the world’s first onshore commercial modular small reactor ‘Linglong One’ at the Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant in the Hainan Province.
- The project will have a generation capacity of 125,000-kilowatt-hours and upon completion, and the capacity can be up to 1 billion kilowatt-hours.
AIFF Nominates Gokulam Kerala FC to represent India in AFC Women’s Club Championship
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has decided to nominate ‘Gokulam Kerala FC’ to represent India in the AFC Women’s Club Championship 2020-21. the AFC Women’s Club Championship 2020-21 will be conducted in October-November 2021.
- The Kozhikode-based club is the 1st Indian club.
- it has men’s and women’s teams and will participate in the AFC tournament in the same season.
Pulitzer Prize-winning Indian photojournalist Danish Siddiqui dies at 40
Indian photojournalist Danish Siddiqui has passed away at the age of 40. he was reporting a fight between Afghan troops and the Taliban in the Spin Boldak district of Kandahar province in Afghanistan on July 13, 2021.
- Siddiqui was serving for the international news agency Reuters.
- In 2018, he was awarded the prestigious Pulitzer Prize with six others working as a photographer with Reuters news agency
National Award-winning actress Surekha Sikri dies at 75
75 Years old Surekha Sikri has passed away due to a cardiac arrest. she was the three-time national award-winning veteran television and film actress.
- She worked in various films like Tamas, Mammo, Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro, Zubeidaa, Badhaai Ho.
- She acted in Netflix’s anthology “Ghost Stories” (2020), directed by Zoya Akhtar.
- Sikri has won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her roles in Tamas (1988), Mammo (1995), and Badhaai Ho (2018).
World Emoji Day 2021
The day of 17th July is observed as World Emoji Day annually. it aims to promote the use of emojis and spread the enjoyment that they bring to all of those around us.
- This day has been celebrating since 2014. and The Day was created by London-based founder of Emojipedia, Jeremy Burge.
- Emoji is a small digital icon becoming popular these days and no doubt is an integral part of our conversation.
World Day for International Justice 2021
World Day for International Justice is celebrated globally on July 17 every year across the world. this day is also known as Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day.
- The main purpose of this day is to support and recognize the work of the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- This day also marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute on July 17, 1998, the treaty that created the International Criminal Court To protect people from genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and the crime of aggression.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|