Today Top Current Affairs 18 & 19 July 2021
Daily Current Affairs 18 & 19 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 18 & 19 July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 18 & 19 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
India’s first driverless pod taxis will connect Jewar international airport with Greater Noida
In India, The first-ever pod taxi service is going to be started soon and will connect Noida International Greenfield Airport (or Jewar Airport) and Noida Film City in greater Noida. the pod taxi will cover a distance of around 14 km.
- four to six passengers can sit in the driverless Pod taxis and will get a hassle-free travel experience to the commuters in addition to reducing the travel time.
- The pod taxi service is to be developed by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- The estimated cost of the pod taxi project is round Rs 50-60 crore per kilometer.
Annual Bonalu Festival 2021 in Telangana
On 11th July 2021, The annual state festival ‘Bonalu’ has been started in Telangana. Bonalu festival is celebrated in the month of Ashada Masam which falls in July/August.
- the meaning of Bonam Meal in Telugu, and marks offering to the Mother Goddess as a form of thanksgiving after the fulfillment of vows.
- The traditional Bonam is served to the goddess Mahankali at 25 temples across the twin cities. Bonam is made from rice, jaggery and milk.
Narendra Singh Tomar launched a digital platform Kisan Sarathi to help farmers
Kisan Saarathi: Digital platform for farmers launched: On the occasion of the 93rd foundation day of the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), Narendra Singh Tomar and Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology Shri Ashwini Vaishnav jointly launched ‘Kisan Sarathi’, a digital platform to facilitate farmers to get ‘right information at right time’ in their desired language.
- Using the digital platform ‘Kisan Saarathi, the farmers can interact and avail personalized advisories on agriculture and allied areas directly from the respective scientists of Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVKs).
Indian Navy receives first two MH-60R multi-role helicopters
On 16th July 2021, The Indian Navy received the first two MH-60R Multi-Role Helicopters (MRH) from the United States Navy at Naval Air Station in North Island, San Diego.
- Indian Navy signed a deal of 15,157 crore ($2.13 billion) to buy 24 MH-60 Romeo helicopters, manufactured by Lockheed Martin In February 2020.
- The deal marks defence collaboration and partnership between the US and India.
- Going forwards, the US Navy will support the Indian Naval Forces through capability upgrades and sustainment as the aircraft is inducted.
Former Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain Passes Away at 80
Former president of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain passed away at the age of 80 due to a prolonged illness on 14th July 2021. Mamnoon Hussain had served as the 12th President of Pakistan from September 2013 to September 2018.
- He was also a textile businessman from Karachi and was associated with the Muslim League through the 70s and 80s.
- He has served as governor of Sindh from June to October 1999
- Hussain was born in Agra in 1940 and migrated with his parents to Pakistan in 1947.
Former Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain Death
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi tweeted: “My deepest condolences on the passing of former President of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain. May Allah grant his family the strength to bear this great loss.”
Nelson Mandela International Day 2021
Every year, The day of 18th July is observed as Nelson Mandela International Day across the world to honor (birth anniversary) the legacy of the late President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela. this day is also known as Mandela Day.
- On 18th July, great South African leader Nelson Mandela was born in 1918.
- In November 2009, United Nations officially declared July 18 as UN Mandela Day
- In 2010, the first UN Mandela Day was celebrated on 18th July.