Today Top Current Affairs 17 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 17 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 17 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
IAF Commanders’ Conference 2021
On 15th April 2021, Rajnath Singh has addressed the biannual IAF Commanders’ Conference 2021 (AFCC-21). AFCC-21 was ended on 16th April 2021.
Theme: Reorienting for the Future’
World Hemophilia Day 2021
The day of 19th April is observed as World Hemophilia Day every year across the world. in 2021, it will be the 32nd World Hemophilia Day.
- It aims to create awareness and understanding about Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
- World Hemophilia Day Theme 2021 is “Adapting to Change: Sustaining care in a new world”.
- This day marks the birthday of Frank Schnabel. Schnabel was the founder of the World Federation of Hemophilia.
Former Footballer Ahmed Hussain died at 89
ndia’s Former International Football defender Ahmed Hussain Lala has passed away at the age of 89. he was suffering from the COVID-19.
- He made his debut against Bulgaria on December 7, 1956.
- he also represented Indian Team in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics and finished at 4th place.
- He was part of the Indian team when won the gold medal in Asian Games 1951.
Former CBI Chief Ranjit Sinha died at 68
The Former Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director Ranjit Sinha has taken his last breath at the age of 68. he was suffering from COVID-19 related disease.
- He was an IPS officer of the 1974 batch from Bihar cadre.
- he started serving at the age of 21.
- He served as CBI Director and also served as Director-General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force, the Railway Protection Force.
59 Years old Tamil actor Vivek passes away
On 17th April 2021, The Famous Tamil actor Vivek has taken his last breath at the age of 59 in a Chennai hospital. he died due to a cardiac arrest.
- He was born in Perunkottur (Sankarankovil Taluk) in Tenkasi district.
- He was an Indian film actor, comedian and singer.
- Vivek has worked in the Tamil film industry.
Former Election Commissioner GVG Krishnamurty dies at 86
Former Election Commissioner GVG Krishnamurty has passed away at the age of 86. he was suffering from age-related ailments.
- He served as Election Commissioner between 1st October 1993 and 30th September 1996.
About Election Commission:
Formed: 25 January 1950
Headquarters: New Delhi
First executive: Sukumar Sen
Preceding executive: Om Prakash Rawat