Today Top Current Affairs 15 & 16 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 15 & 16 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 15 & 16 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Amazon launches Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund
The Amazon has announced to launch a $250 million (Rs 1,873 crore) venture fund. this fund is also known as “Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund”.
- The main purpose of “Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund” is to invest in Indian startups and entrepreneurs and is to focus on digitizing SMEs in India.
Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund key priorities
- Digitisation of small and medium businesses (SME) in India
- Drive innovation in Agri-tech innovations to empower farmer productivity and reach
- Drive innovation in Health-tech to provide universal and quality health care
Inclusive Internet Index 2021: India ranks at 49
The Economist Intelligence Unit(EIU) has released a report, the Inclusive Internet Index 2021 in the collaboration of Facebook.
- the Inclusive Internet Index 2021 highlights the extent to which the internet is available and affordable by region and also reviews additional insight into how people around the world are using the web.
- Inclusive Internet Index is commissioned by Facebook and developed by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- As per the Inclusive Internet Index 2021, India is at 49th place in the world and Thailand also is at the same position as India.
ISRO Inks Agreement with CNES for cooperation on Gaganyaan Mission
ISRO (Indian space agency) has made an agreement with space agency of France CNES in order to take cooperation in its first human space mission, Gaganyaan.
- CNES will help ISRO by providing equipment and also will help tested and still operating aboard the International Space Station (ISS) to Indian crews.
- ISRO will get fireproof carry bags to protect equipment from shocks and radiation.
Appointments / Resigns
Haiti Prime Minister Joseph Jouthe steps down
Prime Minister of Haiti Joseph Jouthe has taken his resignation from the post due to an increase in killing and kidnapping cases over the past few days.
- Now, Claude Joseph will take place of Joseph Jouthe as the new prime minister of Haiti.
- Joseph Jouthe became the Prime Minister of Haiti on 4th March 2020 and served till April 14, 2021.
Marathi Film ‘Puglya’ gets Best Foreign Language Feature at Moscow International Film Festival
Puglya Film has been awarded the Best Foreign Language Feature award at Moscow International Film Festival, 2021. Puglya Film is a Marathi film, was directed and produced by Vinod Sam Peter under the banner Abraham Films.
- In India, Marathi film “Puglya” will be released soon.
Padma Shri Awardee Historian Dr Yogesh Praveen died at 82
The noted Historian, Dr Yogesh Praveen has taken his last breath at the age of 82. he was known as an expert in the history and culture of Avadh.
- In addition, Yogesh Praveen has penned more than a dozen books including ‘Dastan-e-Avadh’, ‘Tajdare-Avadh’, ‘Bahar-e-Avadh’, ‘Gulistan-e-Avadh’, ‘Doobta Avadh’, ‘Dastan-e-Luknow’ and and ‘Aapka Lucknow’. all books are related to the history and culture of Avadh.
Padma Shri Award
- He was honoured with Padma Shri in 2020 for his contribution.
World Art Day 2021
World Art Day is observed on 15 April every year across the world.
World Art Day Purpose:
- The main purpose of this day is to celebrate fine arts and promote awareness of creative activity.
World Art Day History:
- International Association of Art (IAA) declared this day and it was celebrated for the first time on April 15, 2012.
- This day also marks the birthday of Leonardo da Vinci, the famous painter of Mona Lisa.
World Voice Day 2021
The day of 16th April is observed as World Voice Day (WVD) every year across the world.
- The main purpose of this day is to mark the enormous importance of the voice in the daily lives of all people.
- The theme of 2021 is ONE WORLD|MANY VOICES.
- in 1999, It was celebrated for the first time by a group of Brazilian voice care professionals. Dr Nedio Stephen was the first to celebrate the day of April 16th as the day to observe voice.