Today Top Current Affairs 16 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new mobile app called “AadhaarFaceRd” which features a face authentication through the app. Using the “AadhaarFaceRd” app, Aadhaar card holders will not have to physically visit an enrollment centre for iris and fingerprint scans.
- The UIDAI starts using face authentication as a method of confirming an Aadhaar holder’s identity. Once one’s facial authentication is successful, it verifies one’s identity.
- The Aadhaar Face Authentication feature can be used for various Aadhaar Authentication Apps like Jeevan Praman, PDS, Scholarship schemes, COWIN, and Farmer Welfare schemes.
- Aadhaar Face Authentication technology has been developed by UIDAI.
Union minister of information and broadcasting Anurag Thakur announced that The National Rail and Transport Institute (NRTI) in Vadodara will be upgraded as a central university and named “Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya. National Rail and Transport Institute (NRTI) is a deemed university.
- The Union Cabinet approved to show a Bill in Parliament, namely, the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2022 to amend the Central Universities Act, 2009 for the setting up of Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya (GSV).
- It will become 2nd central university in Gujarat after the Central University of Gujarat (CUG).
The wholesale inflation in India has declined marginally to 15.18% for June 2022 which was 15.88 per cent in May 2022. The latest figures bucked the three-month rising trend but remained in double-digit for the 15th straight month.
- The high rate of inflation in June is primarily due to the rise in prices of mineral oils, food articles, crude petroleum and natural gas, basic metals, chemicals and chemical products, food products etc.
- The index increased by 0.65 per cent to 155.4 in June from 154.4 per cent for the month of May 2022 in the “Fuel and Power” category. “Prices of Mineral Oils (0.98%) increased in June 2022.
Mustafizur Rahman appointed as Bangladesh’s next High Commissioner to India
The Bangladesh Government appointed Mustafizur Rahman, who is currently serving as Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations Offices in Geneva and the Ambassador to Switzerland, as the next High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India.
- Mr Md. Mustafizur Rahman will replace Muhammad Imran as the next High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India.
- Bangladesh government appointed Bangladesh’s current High Commissioner to India Muhammad Imran as the next ambassador to the US.
- Imran served as the Deputy High Commissioner of Bangladesh in Kolkata and Ambassador of Bangladesh to the United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan.
External Affairs Minister Shri S. Jaishankar launched an anthology of essays on various aspects of India’s soft power strengths titled ‘Connecting through Culture’, at Sushma Swaraj Bhavan in New Delhi, India and described the book as the “good cop” in diplomacy.
- ‘Connecting through Culture’ encourage others to work with India because “it creates a comfort about India.
- It is a very notable contribution to understanding India, appreciating India, and in many ways valuing India.
NIRF ranking 2022: IIT Madras best institution overall, Miranda House best college – India’s Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan has announced the 7th edition of the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings 2022. National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings 2022 lists 11 categories under which Indian universities are ranked. in the last year, a new category ‘research institution’ was added. The NIRF ranking 2022 list is available on the NIRF’s official website nirfindia.org.
- As per the Ministry of Education’s NIRF 2022, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has been ranked as the top-most educational institution for the 4th consecutive year, and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru has been ranked the top spot in the university category.
Science and Technology
Indian scientists have reported the design of a new class of synthetic peptides that can not only block the entry of the SARS-CoV-2 virus entry into cells and can also clump the virions (virus particles) together, reducing their ability to infect. The research has been supported under the COVID-19 IRPHA call of SERB Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- IISc Scientists exploited this approach to design peptides that can bind to and block the spike protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2 virus in collaboration with researchers from the CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology
Samsung has developed a new graphics dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) chip with a faster speed and improved power efficiency. As per the company, The 24-gigabit Graphics Double Data Rate 6 (GDDR6) adopts third-generation, 10-nanometer technology and boasts a data processing speed which is faster by 30% than existing products.
- The new DRAM chip developed by Samsung can process graphic images at a rate of up to 1.1 terabytes per second which is the fastest in the world and equivalent to processing 275 full HD movies in a second claimed by Samsung Company.
Agnikul Cosmos has inaugurated India’s first-ever factory to manufacture 3D-printed rocket engines in Chennai, inaugurated by N Chandrasekaran, chairman, Tata Sons, and S Somanath, chairman of ISRO and secretary, department of space.
- The additive manufacturing technology will be used to build 3D printed rocket engines and will be used to produce engines for its own in-house rockets.
- At present, the facility has the capacity to build two rocket engines from scratch, every week.
- The factory will produce eight engines every month and build the number of engines required to launch Agnibaan – its two-stage launch vehicle.
Every year, World Youth Skills Day is observed on July 15, focusing on the strategic importance of equipping young people with skills for employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.
- It aims to equip young people around the world with essential skills for employment, work, and entrepreneurship.
- It commemorates, acknowledges and celebrates the importance of equipping young people with skills for employment and entrepreneurship.
- The World Youth Skills Day Theme 2022 is “Transforming youth skills for the future”.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.