National Rail and Transportation Institute upgraded as Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya – Union minister of information and broadcasting Anurag Thakur announced that The National Rail and Transport Institute (NRTI) in Vadodara will be upgraded as a central university and named “Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya. National Rail and Transport Institute (NRTI) is a deemed university.
- The Union Cabinet approved to show a Bill in Parliament, namely, the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2022 to amend the Central Universities Act, 2009 for the setting up of Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya (GSV).
- It will become 2nd central university in Gujarat after the Central University of Gujarat (CUG).
Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya:
- The initiative will benefit the people of Gujarat and the youth of the country.
- It will indulge in research and skill training.
- The university will help in expanding the transportation sector in India.
- It will also provide a supply of highly trained personnel and state-of-the-art technology.
National Rail and Transport Institute (NRTI) in Vadodara
- NRTI offers courses such as BSc in transportation technology, BBA in transportation management, and MSc in railway system engineering and integration currently.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.