The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new mobile app called “AadhaarFaceRd” which features a face authentication through the app. Using the “AadhaarFaceRd” app, Aadhaar card holders will not have to physically visit an enrollment centre for iris and fingerprint scans.
- The UIDAI starts using face authentication as a method of confirming an Aadhaar holder’s identity. Once one’s facial authentication is successful, it verifies one’s identity.
- The Aadhaar Face Authentication feature can be used for various Aadhaar Authentication Apps like Jeevan Praman, PDS, Scholarship schemes, COWIN, and Farmer Welfare schemes.
- Aadhaar Face Authentication technology has been developed by UIDAI.
- “Residents are now using the Aadhaar Face Authentication feature by downloading the UIDAI RDApp, which can be used for various Aadhaar Authentication Apps like JeevanPraman, PDS, Scholarship schemes, COWIN, FarmerWelfare schemes.”
How to log in to the Aadhaar FaceRD app?
- First of all, Visit the Google Play Store app and search for Aadhaar FaceRD.
- Click on ‘Install’ and open the Aadhaar FaceRD app.
- You will follow the on-screen face authentication guide to perform face authentication and tap on ‘Proceed’.
- You will face towards the light source for successful face authentication.
- You will move closer to the camera, move to a different or clear background, and clean the camera lens before using it.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.