Today Top Current Affairs 15 October 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
World White Cane Day 2022
Google has launched a global rewards Programme called “Play Points” for users in India. users in India will earn points when they purchase with Google Play, including in-app items, apps, games, and subscriptions. the Play Points reward program will have four levels known as platinum, gold, silver, and bronze which will provide members with perks and prizes.
- The users will be able to redeem the points awarded in the Play Store.
- Google joined hands with developers of popular apps and games across the world for helping users to redeem their points on special in-app items.
- The Play Points by Google will be available in 28 countries and Google claims that more than 100 million people find value in the program.
World White Cane Day 2022
Every year, World White Cane Day is observed on October 15 across the world to celebrate everything that the tool signifies. A person with a white cane with a red end or tip is instantly recognisable almost everywhere as someone with visual impairment. the day also marks freedom, independence, and inclusivity.
- The cane is a tool for blind people to navigate on roads.
- World White Cane Day is also called White Cane Safety Day.
- President Lyndon B Johnson first observed World White Cane Day in the US in 1964 and later the National Federation of the Blind initiated in the 1960s.
- US President Barack Obama decided the day as Blind Americans Equality Day.
International Day of Rural Women 2022
Every year, the International Day of Rural Women is celebrated on October 15 across the world. it aims to recognize the important role of women and girls in ensuring the sustainability of rural households and communities, improving rural livelihoods and overall well-being.
- The day aims to promote gender quality and highlight the important role played by women in rural areas.
- The day of October 15 is observed as rebuilding the broken global food system from the bottom up is essential.
- The theme for International Day of Rural Women 2022 is “Rural Women Cultivating Good Food for All”, highlighting the contribution of women’s labour in agricultural and other related fields is the backbone of the economies of several countries.
Global Handwashing Day 2022
Every year, Global Handwashing Day is observed on October 15 in the world. the main purpose of this day is to spread awareness about the importance of hygiene.
- Global Handwashing Day (GHD) is known as an international handwashing promotion campaign that aims to motivate and mobilize people around the world in order to improve their handwashing habits.
- In 2008, the Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP) established World Handwashing Day to raise awareness regarding“washing hands, building sinks and tippy taps, and demonstrating the simplicity and value of clean hands and was celebrated in over 70 countries.
- The theme for 2022 Global Handwashing Day theme is “Unite for Universal Hand Hygiene” which calls for coordinated action as we actively work toward universal hand hygiene.
World Students Day 2022
Every year, World Students’ Day is observed on October 15. this day marks the birth anniversary of former President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. in 2021, marks the 90th birth anniversary of the former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam (also known as ‘Missile Man’).
- In 2010, the United Nations Organisation designated the day of October 15th as World Students’ Day to honour the efforts of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- In 2010, the United Nations Organisation (UNO) designated 15th October as World Student’s Day to recognize and acknowledge the efforts of Dr Kalam toward education and his students.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** END ********