World White Cane Day 2022: Every year, World White Cane Day is observed on October 15 across the world to celebrate everything that the tool signifies. A person with a white cane with a red end or tip is instantly recognisable almost everywhere as someone with visual impairment. the day also marks freedom, independence, and inclusivity.
- The cane is a tool for blind people to navigate on roads.
World White Cane Day: History
- World White Cane Day is also called White Cane Safety Day.
- President Lyndon B Johnson first observed World White Cane Day in the US in 1964 and later the National Federation of the Blind initiated in the 1960s.
- US President Barack Obama decided the day as Blind Americans Equality Day.
- This day highlights the movement of visually impaired people from a state of dependency to active social participation.
- It also marks the achievements and contributions of blind people in a variety of fields.
WORLD WHITE CANE DAY 2022: HOW IT IS CELEBRATED?
- On this day, the National Federation of the Blind conducts activities, social events or white cane walks in their localities.
- NFB also spread awareness regarding the day by using hashtags like #WhiteCaneAwarenessDay or #WhiteCaneSafetyDay through social media as well.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** End ********