Today Top Current Affairs 15 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari said that the Dwarka Expressway, which will be India’s first elevated urban expressway, will be operational by 2023. Dwarka Expressway is also known as the Northern Peripheral Road in the Haryana portion and will connect Dwarka in Delhi to Gurugram in Haryana.
- It will help in diverting 50%-60% of traffic onto this new expressway and will improve traffic movement towards Sohna Road, Golf Course Road and air extension.
- Dwarka Expressway is a 16-lane access-controlled highway with the provision of a minimum 3-lane service road on both sides.
- Rs 9,000 crores amount is being spent on this highway development.
- It will have a total length of 29 km out of which 19 km length falls in Haryana while the remaining 10 km of length is in Delhi.
- It will be equipped with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) like Advanced Traffic Management System, Toll Management System, CCTV Camera, Surveillance.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in the first virtual summit of the four-nation grouping ‘I2U2’ on 14th July 2022. US President Joe Biden, Israeli PM Yair Lapid and UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan also joined the First Virtual Summit Of I2U2 Grouping.
- The I2U2 is a four-nation grouping and “I” stands for India and Israel, and “U” for the US and the UAE.
- I2U2 summit focused on the food security crisis and clean energy.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) also announced to make an investment of $2 billion in order to develop a series of integrated food parks across India to help tackle food insecurity in South Asia and the Middle East.
- The I2U2 grouping was conceptualised during the meeting of the foreign ministers of the four countries which was held on October 18th, 2021.
Rajnath Singh launches 75 Artificial Intelligence technologies during first-ever ‘AI in Defence’ symposium & exhibition in New Delhi
Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has launched 75 defence products powered by artificial intelligence as part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebrations at the first-ever ‘AI in Defence’ symposium and exhibition which has been organised by the Ministry of Defence in New Delhi.
- some products are already being used by the armed forces while the rest will be brought in the process of deployment soon.
- These 75 products include AI Platform Automation; Autonomous/Unmanned/Robotics systems; Block Chain-based Automation; Command, Control, Communication, Computer & Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance; Cyber Security; Human Behavioural Analysis; Intelligent Monitoring Systems; Lethal Autonomous Weapon Systems; Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Operational Data Analytics; Manufacturing and Maintenance; Simulators/Test Equipment and speech/voice analysis using Natural Language Processing.
Nasscom joined with Google for DigiVaani Call Center to help rural women entrepreneurs scale up business
Nasscom Foundation and Google have joined hands to set up a call centre in collaboration with a not-for-profit body Indian Society of Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP) to help women farmers scale up their businesses.
- Nasscom Foundation and Google will start DigiVaani Call Center to help rural women entrepreneurs scale up their businesses.
- The “DigiVaani Call Center” project is on a pilot basis currently and initially around 20,000 rural women entrepreneurs will be included across six states including Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Haryana and Rajasthan.
Luis Echeverria Alvarez, the former President of Mexico passed away at the age of 100 in his house in Cuernavaca, the state capital of Morelos in south-central Mexico. Luis Echeverria Alvarez presided over Mexico from 1970 to 1976.
- Echeverria was a Career attorney and Institutional Revolutionary Party member who prioritised Mexico’s foreign affairs.
- He is renowned for, among other things, advocating for the Charter of Economic Rights and Duties of States at the United Nations in 1972.
- The political repression increased during his term as Interior Secretary under the Dáz Ordaz administration.
- He also served as the Interior Secretary from 1963 to 1969.
- He was the oldest former head of state still alive in his country at the time of his death in 2022.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.