Luis Echeverria Alvarez, the former President of Mexico passed away at the age of 100 in his house in Cuernavaca, the state capital of Morelos in south-central Mexico. Luis Echeverria Alvarez presided over Mexico from 1970 to 1976.
Luis Echeverria Alvarez:
- Echeverria was a Career attorney and Institutional Revolutionary Party member who prioritised Mexico’s foreign affairs.
- He is renowned for, among other things, advocating for the Charter of Economic Rights and Duties of States at the United Nations in 1972.
- The political repression increased during his term as Interior Secretary under the Dáz Ordaz administration.
- He also served as the Interior Secretary from 1963 to 1969.
- He was the oldest former head of state still alive in his country at the time of his death in 2022.
- In February 1972, he began the process of establishing diplomatic ties with China.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App